Chapter 3: Laurier and the Scouts

Happy New Yearrrrr!!!!

Y/n, together with everyone, managed to get recruited by the recon corps, which meant that they were finally able to step out of that godforsaken city together.

The life above seems really good at first glance. But thinking about this made no difference. They can see the sun, sure. The trees, cool.

But the temperature doesn't even help. It was quite hot and the dense mixture smell of cramped civilization makes the experience even worse. And what's the part that sealed all hopes and dreams to a tasty life? The disgusting and bland thing they call soup.

Y/n looked terrible at the entire ordeal of the so-called meal as she chewed on some raw carrot and wild berries she foraged in the forest without saying anything. It's annoying how even the carrots were bland. The soil must have been unhealthy.

All Y/n did was sleep it off every free time she gets. There are times that she got in trouble because of her lazy habit but no one can stop or reprimand her because Levi's scary glare would never leave them alone.

Seeing this, the girl decided to stick to the eldest like a pampered child... She is indeed spoiled in some ways to begin with. Especially being the consistent favorite of the elder siblings.

Soon, the group were gathered in the training grounds with a fully equipped ODM gear. With the addition of the sword, Y/n felt like tons of weight walking despite being able to control her own gravity herself.

The spare swords on that big matchbox is really no joke. Although it could be said to be made of lightweight materials, it doesn't change the fact that it's still humanly heavy.

The girl practically dragged herself to the training ground with so much as a tired and sleepy grumble. She reached the older trio with a sigh.

"Y/n, you're so cute in that uniform!" Isabel exclaimed with a proud look.

The now eleven year old reborn vessel of the infinity stones had a pout as she reached the end of the cliff where there are countless trees just up front.

Some soldiers looked at her disapprovingly but did not speak. It's not because she's a hateful fugitive, but because she's too young to be involved in matters that was outside the walls. By any means, they wished not to get her involved to this kind of trauma.

"Who wants to go on first?" The squad captain asked.

Without further Ado, a flash suddenly passed through him and the healthy locks of H/c hair waved through the strong wind, her jacket followed suit as she fell into the height.

Zipping noises were heard as she moved from trees to trees with her usual speed. It looked slow but it was actually the qualified speed needed in the scouts.

"Well, I guess there's no need to ask about that." Isabel shrugged. Among the four of them, Y/n does what she does.

Flagen grunted, massaging his aching temples. "I haven't told her the instructions yet."

"Let her figure it out, she's smart." Farlan shrugged. He wasn't just passing a comment, he knew from when the child started to talk properly at three that she is an all knowing child. No one even knew where she learned such words whenever she speaks.

While everyone thought that she was such a brave child, the three could tell that Y/n just wanted this to be over with so she can take a nap quicker. Because this kind of thing is bothersome and a pain in the ass.

She's the epitome of lazy who works smart not hard. It sounds great, but it takes up energy. If not for the food, she would have really stopped listening to anybody.