5- that should be me

hailey 

hailey 

present; narrative

I woke up on my couch, my back already killing me and my head pounding. I have a perfect memory of everything that happened last night. How I watched Parker out of the corner of my eye making sure no one came near her in that green dress and when someone did I was quick to shut it down, getting another excuse to wrap my hands around her waist the way I've been craving to since movie night. Now I had to figure out how to walk into my room and see her in my bed and not kiss her right there.

At first I couldn't stand Parker. I didn't know why she was around, why she was so bothered by my presence and why she was so pretty. I hated her but then hating her turned into just bothering her so I knew she was thinking about me, teasing her so I could watch her get mad, what it was hot.

I stood up, rubbing my eyes and trying to fix my hair before I walked in. I had plenty of girls in my bed before but none of them were Parker. She was so unexpected. I didn't know if she was going to yell at me or cuddle into me and I enjoyed that. I liked the unexpected I got with her.

I knocked but got no reply so I walked in. She was still asleep, cuddled into my blanket and I wished I could pause this moment here. As much as I loved seeing her mad I loved seeing her peaceful, with no thoughts or worries she was just at peace. I felt the same way when she fell asleep on my chest. Getting to hold her and see her like that really solidified in my head that I liked her.

"Parky, wake up. I know you're dying to go home." I nudged her awake. I noticed she wasn't a heavy sleeper so my soft nudge was enough for her to open her eyes and smile softly. How I wish I could keep her like this but in 5 minutes she will be frowning and rolling her eyes at me again, it was the same cycle. 

She sat up, stretching her arms and yawning before fully standing up. She was just wearing my clothes and honestly I never want to see her wearing anything else ever again. She looked perfect, pulling them off better than I ever could and she just woke up. She just made everything look so easy.

"I'm gonna go change then we can head out?" She turned back to me and I had to try my best to refocus.

"Don't worry about it, you can give them back another day." I shrugged it off. Honestly I never wanted them back. I didn't want to wear them and ruin their new smell.

She gave me a weird look but walked out of the room and sat by the door waiting for me. I kept going through every excuse to get her to stay but I couldn't. I never had this dynamic with anyone. Liking someone I knew couldn't stand me. I tried to get her to like me but when she pushed my buttons I pushed hers and I was a much worse person about it. I definitely said some things I regret now.

I grabbed my keys and she jolted up excited. I figured the comfort of my bed might've made her stay longer, or if I didn't wake her up that just meant more time with her around me.