Chapter 9

The sun rose over the hills and the sun beams came through the window.

A maid came in and open the window. Selah roll on her side before stretching like a cat.

"Good morning my lady."

"It's too early."

"His Majesty would like you to join him for breakfast."

Selah perk up. She got up and the maid help her get dress.

"Not too tight. I don't want to die by a dress." Fate would just be cruel.

She walk out the door and down the hallway. It was like a maze but she manage to find her way to the dining area.

"Good morning Your Majesty."

He narrow his eyes at her and her smile widen. "I hope you're hungry."

"Famished." Maids bring out their plates and her eyes buldged. "I'm a small person Your Majesty."

"Eat what you can. You're rather skinny."

"I don't gain weight. Fast metabolism."

She stuff her face with bread and cheese.

Kellam watch her with a small smile on his lips.

A guard enter the room and the smile slip off his face. "Your Majesty eggs have just been spotted in the village."

Kellam's face turn blank. It's always when the damn eggs arrive.

"Eggs?"

The guards hurry away.

"Dragon eggs."

"I want to see! Please?"

Well he'll do one thing for her until the gods decide they want to take her too.

"Finish eating?"

"Yes!" She got up, excitement coursing through her veins. Kellam push back his chair and stand.

None of the others were curious about the eggs so at least there's a difference in what usually happens.

"Why do the eggs pop up?"

"When a new queen show up the eggs show up also. But none of the others ever live to see them."

"Eggs are like babies. Since their are baby dragons in them you treat them like kids. Do you ever think the others didn't make it because they weren't interested in the eggs? Maybe it's a test and they aren't really dead but went back to where they came from."

"I watch them die. They didn't leave."

Selah gasp as she look down from the cliff and at the village below.

"You're not going to push me off are you?"

"Do you want to die?"

"If course not!" 

His wings came out and she was mesmerised by how they just open out. She didn't have the chance to admire them before.

"Ready?"

"Yes." She held onto him tightly as they descend to the village.