Apologies and Candelight

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

Hey readers! I'm loving the comments and get such great energy from them. So if you are as passionate about EK as I am, you know their story was filled with tons of drama..too much in my humble opinion. 

I set out to give more romantic moments than drama BUT, angst is a part of story telling. So if you'll trust that this beautiful story that is in my heart will be worth it, keep reading! 

There's some more challenges for our lovely couple still to come but, like EK, their love will always win! I know exactly how this story will play out and I'm not sprinkling in drama just for the fun of it (well ok the yacht scene's ending did have me chuckling like an evil writer LOL) but it's all for a purpose. Hope you enjoy the journey! I think you'll be glad you continued with me 🥰

____________________

Can got up early the next morning with the intention of going to Sanem's office after he thought she would be in.

At breakfast at his Dad's, he got to explain a quick version of what happened the night before to Farah and Aziz before Bella came down to eat.

Farah said with a frustrated look, You mean she just showed up at the boat? That's crazy. You guys split up months ago!

That's what I told her, too. I can't believe this is happening right now. I felt like I had finally made some progress in getting Sanem to trust me and my intentions and look at the mess I'm in now, Can said putting his head in both hands at the kitchen table.

Can, I'm so sorry about all of this but I'm really worried about Sanem. Have you heard from her at all? Aziz asked with concern on his face.

No, Dad. Her phone is off and she didn't come home. I'm going crazy! I have no idea where she is. I'm going to her office in a little while to see if I can at least just see how she's doing. I know we can't talk there but I have to see her, Can said.

Bella was listening in the hallway, keeping very quiet to not let her presence be known but Aziz hear her phone ping and realized what was happening.

Join us, Bella, he said as nicely as he could, letting her know he'd seen her.

Oh, good morning Aziz! Farah, how nice to see you. I'm sorry we didn't get to catch up last night. Thank you for having me, Bella said, a bit embarrassed.

Farah, do you live here now? Bella asked, making herself a cup of coffee liked she owned the place. Farah was always a bit baffled as to what Can saw in this woman. I guess you don't really know who you're meant to be with until that person appears in your life and you see others in a different light. After spending just a small amount of time with Sanem, it was clear that she was far better matched for her brother than Bella.

I do live here now, actually. I moved in recently until I can find a new house. My last one was just too far from the office. And Dad loves the company, answered Farah, patting her Dad's hand. How long are you staying in Positano, Bella?

Actually I just got a text from my agent. Seems like I've been requested at a last minute shoot in France. But I thought maybe I should turn it down so I can spend a little more time with Can, she said hoping that Can would agree.

Bella, we had this discussion already. There's nothing more to say. I have no intention of spending more time with you now or any time soon, Can said emphatically. Dad, Farah, I have to go. I'll talk to you both later. Bella, have a safe trip.

Embarrassed but not deterred, Bella told her hosts that she would be leaving for the airport for France after all, as she watched Can walk out the front door. Well, I guess I'm heading to Paris! she cooed.