2

Five years later

"Papa!" A five year-old  Alexandria shouted excitedly, running into her father's office.

"Dria, my lovely daughter," Felix said weakly as he weakly caught his daughter, "Are you ready for our afternoon tea?" Alexandria looked at her father in concern,

"Yea, but are you okay, Papa?"

"Yes, I'm just tired from planning your big birthday party," he lied, not wanting his daughter to worry. He had not been feeling well for the last couple of weeks. The new doctor has been giving him these medicine soups to help with illness. He didn't trust this doctor, but since the doctor that has been serving his family for years trained him, he decided to trust him. His family doctor was out to help out the neighboring Northern empire with a disease outbreak. These medicine soups were making things worse, he started to refuse to drink them, but his brother, Theodore convinced him that they were helping him. They just take longer to take effect. What Felix didn't know was that these soups contained a poison that slowly kills you with each amount you take in.

"Okay, Papa," she replied, as she took his hand and started pulling him to the garden for their tea time. They got to the garden, where there was a table with pastels and drinks. Felix helped his daughter sit on the chair, which was too high for her, before sitting down across from her.

"What did you do while I was doing adult stuff?"

"I did etiquette class with Viscountess Cunningham. She says I'm doing good with my etiquettes. Then, I played with Lily and Ivy," she answered as she began eating.

"That's wonderful sweetie, but remember don't push yourself," he replied.

"What are you getting me for my birthday, papa?" Dria asked.

"I can't tell you, sweetie. It's a surprise," he said back, shaking his head as his daughter pouted. Then, he was suddenly hit with coughs.

"Papa," she said in concern.

"I'm.... okay," he weakly said through the coughs, but then he dropped unconscious on the ground.

"Papa!" Dria shouted, getting out of her chair, running to her father as maids and knights that were nearby ran to their aid, "Wake up, papa." She started shaking him, crying. Her maid Liliana picked her up as the knights picked up her father, taking him away to his room.

"Papa! Let go!! No!" Dria cried, trying to get out of Liliana's hand, reaching an arm for her papa, who was being taken away by the knights. Liliana turned her around and hugged her.

"He'll be okay, my lady," She confronted Dria, rubbing her back. Dria cried into her neck.

"We will go see him later," She promised as she continued to comfort her.

A few hours later(in the Duke's room)

Doctor Henry, the new doctor, and the Duke's brother Theodore were standing by the Duke's bed with the Duke in it, sitting up. Doctor Henry handed him the medicine soup, more like the poison soup.

"I think I should stop taking the soup. It's not helping me get better," The Duke said. Henry and Theo looked at each other in panic, which went unnoticed by the Duke.

"It's a different soup, Henry changed some of the ingredients. I think it's helping. Think about Alexandria," Theo convinced. The Duke nodded and took it in his weak hands. Then, he put it to his lips and drank it. He also didn't notice that little smirk that Henry and Theo did when he drank the soup. He handed the bowl back to Henry, who took it, placing it on the nightstand. Suddenly, they heard a little voice, running into the room.

"Papa!" Dria shouted, running to her father with her cousin Ivy following behind her. She jumped on the bed and sat next to her father, hugging him, which he returned.

"Are you okay now, Papa?" She asked in concern.

"Yes, I am. I will be up and at it during your birthday," The Duke replied.

" Pinky promise?," She said back, raising her pinky finger.

"Pinky promise," The Duke promised, also raising his pinky finger and intertwining it with his daughter's. Then, putting their thumbs together, stealing the deal. He turned and saw Ivy.

"Hi, Ivy," The Duke greeted her with a weak smile. Ivy walked up to the bed from standing by her father's side, who was Theodore.

"Hi, uncle," She greeted back with a smile. Her father came to stand behind her, placing his hands on her shoulder.

"Are you also ready for your birthday?" The Duke asked, weakly

"Yea, Alex and I are going to wear the same dress," Ivy replied excitedly. Alexandria and her had the same birthday, just a year apart. They alway celebrated together.

"Is that so? I thought you were going to wear different dresses this year on your guys birthday."

"Yea, but Ivy loves wearing the same dresses, so we decided to wear the same dress," Dria answered, happily. The Duke nodded in understanding.

"Ivy, let's go and give them some time together," he said and whispered, "It may be their last."  The Duke and everyone else didn't hear him. Ivy nodded. She waved goodbye at Dria and the Duke. Then, her and her father left the room. Henry already left after Dria and Ivy came into the room.

"Papa, can you tell me about mama again?" Dria asked once everyone left as she laid down and put her head on her father's lap.

"Well, your mother was prettiest of them all. She was the kindness, selfless, and bravest lady I know. She took care of everyone like they were her family," he answered.

"Mama sounds amazing."

"She does," he agreed. The Duke continued telling his daughter about her mother.