5

Dria has been treated like a servant for 12 years. Ivy even started to treat her badly due to her parents, and children learn from their parents.

Flashbacks

A seven year old Dria was scrubbing the floors near the staircase on the day of her birthday. Within a year she became unrecognizable, she had an old rag of a dress, her face had smudges of dirt and some bruises. Also, within the year, all her dad's portraits, her mother's portraits and their family portraits were taken down and thrown away and placed with the new family portraits. She was glad she had her pendant with her parents' picture in it. A maid came and knocked her bucket of water over, while she was cleaning.

"Oops, my bad," She said, "After you're done with that, you need to wipe all the windows in the whole mansion."

"Yes, Ma'am," Dria replied, looking down. The maids of the house treated her even worse than the Duchess. They make her call them with higher titles, and also, have her do their duties, while they sit around doing nothing. Dria couldn't do anything about it or refuse. The last one she refused, she got smacked on the face, which is where the bruises on her face came from. They also came from the maids pushing her when she was on a high surface cleaning, making her fall and bump her face. They even sometimes stepped on her hands and legs for fun and apologized after saying it was an accident and all. She knew it wasn't an accident at all. Once the maid left, she finished the floors and went to do the windows which will take her all night. She was already tired and hungry since she didn't get any food to eat. The maids would eat all the food all the time, and when she asked them for some food, they told her she didn't earn any. So, she stopped asking. She waited for all of them to finish and eat their leftovers, which wasn't much. Ivy also came and gave her some treats, which was nice. Ian also would serectly give her food, but he got caught one time and was punished severely. He was forbidden from seeing Dria. This and the abuse from the maids and Duchess wasn't the thing that hurt her the most. It was when Ivy joined in on the abuse a few years later.

~Timeskip~

Ivy and her mother were outside on the balcony, having teatime on the table. She looked inside at Dria, who was cleaning. Then, at her hair, how her curls were perfect, long and flowy. She frowned at it.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" The Duchess asked her daughter when she saw the frown on her face.

"I don't like her hair, mother. It's way too pretty," Ivy said.

"Then, let's cut it," The Duchess replied, she looked at her personal maid with a silent order, who nodded. Then, walked to Dria and grabbed her by her hair.

"Ow, what," Dria groaned in pain, dropping her cleaning tool. Another maid gave the personal maid a scissor. Dria realized what was happening.

"Please, no," She pleaded, but her pleas went to deaf ears. The personal maid chopped her hair off, only leading her with a bob. The maid let go of Dria, who dropped to the floor, looking at her hair on the floor with tears falling down her face. Dria looked at Ivy to see her smirking at her and knew it was her idea.

"Are you happy, sweetie?" The Duchess asked her daughter.

"Very, thanks mother. You are the best," Ivy replied as she continued drinking her tea.

"Anything for you, sweetie," The Duchess said back, drinking her tea as well. Dria cleaned her hair up since if she didn't she would be punished. A few hours later, Dria was pouring drinks into the cups of the Duke, Duchess, and Ivy. Everything was going smoothly until she got to pouring into Ivy's cup. Ivy purposely knocked her arm, making Dria spill the drinks on her.