8

The carriage finally got into town, which was busy due to a festival happening. There were people everywhere. The people were looking at the carriage in curiosity since Duke Castevés doesn't come to the winterfest. Winterfest was a festival that happens in the Northern empire once a year. There're lots of activities and games that some of the villagers held, where you can win some prizes. It's kind of like a carnival. The people were shocked to see a girl they haven't seen before with the Duke, pulled the curtain to look out the window.

Vincent watched as Dria curiously looked at the window, probably wanting to see what the commotion was about.

"You can pull the curtain to look outside if you want," Vincent said. Dria looked at him unsure, but he smiled and nodded to assure her. She pulled the curtain aside and looked out the window to see a lots of people moving about and most of the building and street vendors were decroative with snowflakes and snow. There were children playing games. There was this little girl who was looking at her curiously. Dria smiled at her, making the little girl smile and wave at her, which Dria returned.

"It's the Winterfest, it's a celebration of all the accomplishments of the North," Vincent explained as Dria kept looking outside, smiling and waving at the people that did the same, "I'll take you around to check it out after our shopping." Dria pulled the curtain back, sitting back into the seat.

"No, it's okay. It's not necessary," She denied even though she wanted to check it out.

"I insist, it looks like you really want to check it out. Besides, it's a perfect way to introduce you to the people," He said.

"Okay," She replied, agreeing as the carriage came to a stop. The door was opened. Vincent stepped out first, before holding his hand out for her to take. She took his hand, getting out of the carriage with his help. They walked inside the shop and were instantly greeted by the shop owner.

"Duke Castevés pleasure to have you in my shop again," the owner greeted, bowing, "What can I help you with? We got in a new line of dress shoes."

"Greeting Mr. Smith. I'm not here for me, but for her," Vincent replied, gesturing to Dria, whose hand he never let go of. Mr. Smith looked at her and smiled at her, which she slightly returned.

"And who might this beautiful lady be?" He said, making Dria blushed a little.

"She is Duchess Castevés, my wife," Vincent introduced, slightly proudly, which he hoped no one noticed. Mr. Smith's eyes widened in shock, before he smiled happily.

"It was about time you settled down," He said, which the Duke glared at him for, but he ignored him since he wouldn't do anything to him because he was his mother's friend and paid attention to Dria, "It's nice to meet you Duchess. I'm Mr. Smith, owner of this shop."

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Smith, you have a lovely shop," Dria said back softly with a small smile as Mr. Smith came to her and grabbed her hand, taking her away from Vincent, making her let go of his hand, which she didn't notice she was holding.

"I have everything you can dream of, come I will show you," He informed, taking her towards all the shoe racks. Dria looked back at Vincent with a nervous expression. He nodded and smiled at her reassuring her that it will be fine. She turned back around, continued following Mr. Smith.

~Timeskip~

"Put those in the carriage," Duke Castevés ordered the knights, who nodded and walked to the carriage, "Let's go, I will show the Winterfest as promised." Dria and him made their way to where the festival was happening. As they walked through, they were stopped by some children.

"Duke, who's that?" They asked him in curiosity. The Duke looked at them, then, at Dria, who was smiling sweetly at them. Everyone else stopped doing what they were doing to listen.