4

The funeral of Duke La'more was held the following day, which was where everyone was currently. The funeral was being held at the cemetery. Everyone came and placed a flower on the coffin, which held the Duke's dead body. After that everyone left, except Dria and Ian. Dria walked closer to the coffin. She placed her hands on top of it, laid her head on it, and started weeping. Ian watched from behind her with his own tears. He felt so bad for her. She lost both her parents at a young age. After an hour, he decided to let her know that it's time to go.

"Dria, it's time to go," he said, but he got no response. He walked up to her, and saw that she had fallen asleep. All that crying must have tired her out. Ian decided to pick her up. He squatted down and picked her up. He placed her head on his shoulder, before standing up.

"You can rest peacefully, Felix, I will watch over and protect her until my last breath," Ian said to the coffin, before turning around and walking away with Dria in his arms to the carriage. After 30 minutes, they came back to the La'more mansion. Dria was still asleep, so Ian had to take her out of the carriage. He handed her to Lily, who was waiting for them outside. Lily took her into her arms and made her way into the mansion with Ian following them. They got to her room. Lily went into the room, while Ian stood outside, doing guard duty. Lily placed Dria on her bed, took her shoes off and tucked her in. She turned to leave, but a tiny hand held her dress. She turned back around to see Dria awake.

"Please, don't leave me too," Dria cried. Lily sat on the bed and held Dria's tiny hands.

"I will never leave you until you want me to," Lily promised.

"Promise?" Dria said, holding up her pinky finger.

"I promise," Lily replied, connecting their pinky fingers together and touching their thumbs together. While Lily and her were making promises, Theodore La'more was being appointed as the new Duke of the Western Empire.

"Say I if you agree to make Theodore La'more as the new Duke," Viscount Chavaze said. Everyone except Duke Azitil of the East and Viscount Easthall said I. They didn't like Theodore La'more,they know his true colors since no matter how smart a villain is they always leave clues.

"Majority wins, so Theodore La'more is the new Duke of the West. Congratulations," Viscount Chavaze continued as he placed the La'more symbol pin on Theodore. The picture of the new Duke La'more was taken. After that, everyone left. As soon as they left, Vetta came to her husband.

"Now that you are the Duke, is it right for us to stay at the West wing," Vetta, now known as Duchess La'more, said to her husband.

"Yes, but let Alex stay in her room for today. Tomorrow, we will be moving Ivy into her room. She will live in the East Wing." Duke La'more said. The Duchess didn't like that idea. She wanted Dria to live in the maid residence.

"You will be in charge of the house, maids and treasury," Duke La'more continued, "Do whatever you see fits and please." The Duchess nodded, smirking.

In Middle of The Night

A man walked into the dungeon and into the cell, which held Henry. Henry looked up when he heard his cell door opening.

"My lord!" He said, "Did you come to get me out of here?" He was thinking that Duke La'more came to get him out of the cells, but he thought wrong. Duke La'more didn't say anything. He kept walking to Henry.

" My lord?" Henry questioned as the Duke stood in front of him. All of a sudden, he felt a knife pierce him. He groaned and looked down to see the Duke had stabbed him. He looked back up at him, confused.

"I can't have you rattling me out. No hard feelings. You understand," the Duke said as he watched Henry drop dead to the floor, before walking out of the cell and out of the dungeon.