Broken Part 13

The knuckles met his door with an urgency as Soap was standing on the other side, desperately searching for him.

He couldn't find him at the shack, his sacred spot when he needed to be alone to take a smoke. Neither could he find him at the gym, assaulting the punching bag or yelling at recruits trying to do their best. And since his office was empty, like most of the time lately, the only place Soap suggested him were his quarters.

His refuge. A place where he could let go of everything that bothered him. Until that night, when it became a place to drown himself in his thoughts and his anger.

Ghost opened the door of the office, taking a quick glance down the hallway. The guard he took down was still unconscious, his body leaning against the wall to the left. The sound of chaos from downstairs creeping through the gap.

Two fingers motioning for you to come closer as he slowly opened the door and stepped outside.

Following him, you left the office and made your way downstairs again, getting closer to the source of chaos.

You reached the end of the stairs, weapons immediatly drawn towards you.

"Get the fuck down! Now!"

He let out a low grunt as the banging on his door didn't stop, but it was loud enough for Soap to tell that he was indeed in his quarters.

"Ghost! Price's office, now."

He wasn't in the mood to see anyone. Only Soap's voice caused his anger and guilt to up inside of him once more.

"Fuck off, Soap!"

A second of silence followed and he sighed, relieved that Soap must've left and he achieved his goal.

"Trust me, you want to see this."

Raising your hands, your eyes quickly darted around the room.

Most of the guests, if you'd like to call them like that, already left. Some of them still being frisked before they got thrown out of the mansion.

Three men pointed their guns towards you, five barrels at least against Ghost.

Soap got pushed against a wall, a barrel held against his neck and an arm right below it to keep him in place. Another guard frisking him, aggressively searching through his pockets.

Gaz, lying on the floor, a boot pressed on his back, meeting your gaze with eyes full of a mix worry and anger.

By the time, they must've realized that you belonged together, your matching masks now more obvious than before.

"On the fucking ground!"

Soap and Gaz were already standing behind Price, looking down on the laptop on his desk as Ghost turned around the corner and closed the door to Price's office. He didn't say a word, his eyes told enough for the three men that he needed a fucking good reason to stay in this room longer than necessary.

But the eyes of Price, Soap and Gaz were telling their own story, enough for him to leave the door behind and get closer to the desk.

Without the need of sayig a single word, Price turned the laptop around for Ghost to see a familiar sight.

A red dress, dirtier than he remembered, covered in dirt and blood.

Her hair, messy and dirty, was hanging down, just like her head that denied any sight to her face.

Hesitantly, Ghost lowered himself down on one knee before the stocking of a gun got punched against his head, forcing him to the ground with a thud.

He grunted, as he hit the floor but turned his head immediately towards you.

And you could see it. The mix of emotions in his eyes as he nodded for you to get on the ground.

But you couldn't. Your legs refused to give in. Instead, a smile crept up your face and you whispered a soft "I'm sorry."

A quick look towards the guard to your left and your team knew what you were up to.

You reached out for him and his gun, quickly disarming him before your forehead punched against his face. The sound of a breaking nose loud enough for everyone to hear. Using the given momentum, you punched the gun against his temple before you turned around to shoot the guard holding Soap in place.

"Y/N!" Ghost screamed your name as he rolled over, his hands catching the gun you threw towards him. Precise shots took down three guards quickly as he secured Soap and Gaz.

With everyone having access to a gun now, you decided that securing the intel in the pocket of Ghost's jacket around you was your main task now. And the only way to achieve your goal, was to get out of there.

"When did we get this?" He stepped even closer, pushing the screen of the laptop back to be able to look at it as he placed his hands right next to it.

Price leaned forward, resting his elbows on his desk before he spoke. "An hour ago."

Ghost's eyes darkened at the response. He lifted them away from the screen to look at Price. "Why am I only seeing this now?"

Soap's concerned eyes took in the sight of Ghost. He could see that his whole body was tense, the guilt eating him up from inside. "Laswell wanted to find out where this was coming from."

"We know who her. Fucking russians!" His fist met the desk, making it shake under the sheir force.

"Ghost, that's not all." Price sighed before he leaned forward to see the screen of the laptop. Pressing a few buttons, he opened a movie file before he leaned back in his chair.

Ghost hesitated, looking at the black screen with the grey arrow on it, waiting for him to press play.

His heart was racing as he thought about the things he was about to see, what they did to you.

A hand reaching out for your hair, grabbing it and yanking it back for your back to meet the cold metal surface of the chair you were obviously tied to.

Your face was covered in cuts and bruises, big and dark circles surrounding your teary eyes.

"Tell them what we did to you." The thick russian accent rumbled through the speakers of the laptop.

Your eyes narrowed as you lifted them towards the owner of the hand on the back of your head as you hissed in response. "Fuck you."

Your mischievous smile got wiped away by a fist quickly meeting your jaw, the sound of it alone making Ghost's jaw clench and his hand balled to a fist.

"How about we show them, huh?"

Price shifted in his seat, reaching out to close the laptop with a sigh. "I've seen the rest, spare yourself."

Ghost pressed his index finger down on the laptop, his eyes meeting Price's with a shooting gaze. "It's a sign of life."

Price knew he was right and he wanted nothing more than to get you out of there alive. But he was reserved, lifting his hand towards his face, his thumb rubbing over his eye as he leaned on his elbow on the armrest. "It's been six weeks, Ghost. We don't know if she's still alive."

He didn't care. It was a sign of life and that was enough for him to head out and find you, no matter what it cost.

"I know." He grumbled, pushing himself off the table. He turned around, the sound of his boots meeting the ground visualizing his determination to find you as his body got closer to the door.

Opening it, he looked at Price once more, his index finger pointed towards the laptop. "But I'm not gonna sit here and risk the fact that she might has to face this shit any minute longer."

Soap and Gaz exchanged a quick look before they both nodded and hasted behind Ghost. The three of them were just about to leave the office, as Price's voice stopped them in their tracks.

"Ghost!"

"Get her back."