10. 한 하루만, 그냥 편히 있어라

Just For One Day, Please Loosen Up

"Whoa, it’s raining outside”, Seok-kyung muttered more to herself when she was looking outside a huge window glass. They were already in the hotel room now. She could not help but being a bit grateful that she listened to Seok-hoon’s suggestion to stay at a hotel until tomorrow morning, before continuing to their destination.

Seok-hoon peeked from behind her to see too. 

“It’s raining,” he agreed quietly, “ you better wash up, and then rest”.

“Eo? oh okay”, Seok-kyung was surprised when her twin brother suddenly appeared from behind her. Seok-hoon smiled a bit when he saw his younger sister’s doe eyes showing that she was taken aback.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

Seok-hoon found Seok-kyung’s reaction to be amusing, so he ruffled her hair softly.

“You startled me, you know!”

Seok-kyung’s voice came out a bit higher in tone than she had expected, due to her embarrassment at being caught being bewildered by such a small thing.

“But, I didn’t do anything-”

Seok-hoon just chuckled. He did not take it seriously because his twin sister was tempramental in nature. 

“Hurry up and wash up, aren’t you sleepy? I can hardly wake you up earlier”

He added, before tilting his head. He raised one of his eyebrows, when reminding the girl how she who insisted on driving before suddenly just fell asleep during the drive to find a decent hotel, from the rest area.

Seok-hoon gave her a kind of scolding-like glare that made Seok-kyung feel she was guilty. She cleared her throat and put on her flat expression.

“Well I was just bored, so I decided to take a nap”

She said, in her defense. 

“Now, I’m perfectly fine, not sleepy at all”

Seok-kyung extended her arms and she turned around to prove her point to her twin brother. It made the boy just shake his head and chuckle.

“Alright, alright, now just wash up, we still need to rest anyhow.”

With that Seok-hoon pushed Seok-kyung himself to the bathroom direction, and weirdly, unlike usual, the girl did not object at all. 

“You’re oddly too nice today”, Seok-kyung folded her arms and frowned when her twin even went so far as filling the bathtub for her now.

“Just sit, and be grateful that I am acting nice today. Who knows? tomorrow maybe I will not be in a mood to be nice”, Seok-hoon pushed the girl down by her narrow shoulders, so she sat down on the ledge. Seok-kyung only scoffed as a response to what he said.

Then, she just obediently sat and waited for her tub to be full. When staring at the running water, her mind wandered to the fact that in this life she had changed a thing, at least. She had kept her position as the soloist to perform at the opening ceremony.

Now the whole opening ceremony had been done, she cannot think about what would happen after this. For sure Cheon Seo-jin would not stay still after she failed to make her daughter, Eun-byeol, sing at that so-called prestigious event. One thing had changed, so she was wondering if it would change all things too?

Seeing his sister seemed lost in thought, Seok-hoon called her out.

“Are you that tired that you zoned out?”