The Nightmare Before Christmass

Since my attempt to fix the differences in the timeline Bella's progress picked up its destined rate. Everyone considered her a genius which she humbly accepted. If she could blush she would be tomato red all day. Also I knew their praise made her happy. She always felt average and since she was turned she felt like she found her true self. It is all written in the original.

Although not everyone was glad with my actions. Renesmee actively gave me the silent treatment. She was mad at me for angering our mother in that way.

"You do not there to judge me!" I snapped at her two days later. We were sitting in the kitchen. She was drawing a picture with a wolf on it that meant to be Jacob. She ignored me. We were alone, but Carmen wasn't far away if we needed her. They just gave us a bit of space until our parents arrived back from hunting.

"If you were in my place you would do the same!" I pressed more. She made me so upset. She should be on her knees thanking me for our peaceful life and not treating me like that.

"You always put yourself in danger..." She mumbled out under her nose. I sighed.

"I wasn't in danger. Aunty Kate never wanted to use her power on me."I calmed a bit as she was finally speaking to me.

"What if mom got out of control? You were so close. You could have been hurt like Seth was." She put her thoughts into words. I knew she remembered that accident all too clearly but I didn't realize it made her afraid of Bella's power. I touched her hand comfortingly.

"Mom would never hurt me. She knows better than that." I said in a low voice.

As our hand was joined she could project her worries directly to me. She remembered how Bella hit Seth by accident. She was animalistic and angry. How I came back home with a bleeding and cracked face after Irina hit me. She didn't mean it. It was an accident. It always happens by accident...
She didn't look up from her paper.

I sighted at her. After all my efforts she still ended up traumatized. I decided if she wants to worry about something I will give her something more important to worry about.

"So.... What should we give to the family for Christmass?" I asked.

She turned to me with wide eyes.

"Give? What? To the family? Why?" I smirked as she completely forgot her earlier thoughts. I turned back to my own drawing.

"Well yes. The others are planning to give gifts to each other. In fact. Aunty Alice sent us here so she could hide her presents. It supposed to be a surprise you know." I explained. I waited as she processed this new knowledge.

"We should give something as well?" She asked after a while.

"Well... Everyone gives one but i don't think they wait it from us." I told her. In reality we should only receive the gifts as we are the babies in the house. But I loved searching for gifts in my first life. The fact that this time I am not able to do so is making me suffer. I need my own money. I need to get lost in the mall and stare at products for hours. I need my independence!The pencil snapped half in my hand as i holded it too strongly.

"Don't hurt the pencil. It didn't do anything wrong." Bella said half laughing. She and Edward arrived back home. They walked with joined hands. Oh a bit more happened than just hunting. I didn't comment on it. They sat to the table with us. Their eyes were a brilliant gold again.

"Ops." I told sheepishly. Sometimes I forget my own power.

"What will we give to the others?" Renesmee immediately attacked our parents with the question. Her tone holded pure panic.

"Give?" Edward asked. Also he perfectly knew what she meant. He only asked so the rest will have to be spoken out loud for Bella.

"Yes. Carlie said that everyone gives gifts to each other for Christmass. And Alice is hiding, her's. What will we give?" Remesmee told everything. Both of our parents looked at me amused. Great. I successfully spoiled the surprise. Alice won't be happy. After all her efforts.... She tried so hard. I continued my drawing with a smug smile.