Partly United

“There is another garden there.” I pointed to a parallel balcony that led to a corridor which led to the other garden, what I talked about. “It is mostly for guests and lower guards to enjoy the sun unbothered. And if you turn that corner, there are the training rooms down the dungeons. Also they didn’t use it much. The guards like to practice in action.” I explained it to my family while we were led to our residence at the Red Tower.

Now that I am not the only guest from my family, we got a room or I would rather call it a fancy old apartman in the castle where we can rest peacefully until the date of the trial comes.

Master Aro and Corin walked before us leading the way while Alec and Jane were trailing behind. Esme was in step with Bella as the calming force as she was. Our mother held me tight while Renesmee clinged on her back as I was introducing the place to them as we passed by.

All my company listened to me intently. My twin was overly curious over everything as her life was almost whole again. Now she could open her mind for new experiences, and the ancient city of vampires was an experience that she would regret later on if she missed it. So I started to tell her various interesting facts about the leading coven of our society. Corin was quite alarmed by my knowledge. She didn't understand how I could name the rooms and the guards' habits when I stayed with the wifes all the time and by her knowledge I never roamed the castle freely.

Those who knew me, weren't as surprised. Aro of course was intrigued. He didn't really grasp the depth of my telepathy until now. The feeling of knowing something or someone only by experiencing it from other’s memories wasn't an alien concept to him since he used tactile telepathy himself. To think my ability was at the level of his was marvelous. Such a shame it was locked behind my shield that I inherited from Bella. He could only glimpse into my growing mind if I speak about my observations, which I didn't do until now.

“And what’s that?” Renesmee pointed to a large two winged mahogany door. It was decorated richly, like everything in this place with golden painted wines and leaves.

“That is the collected library. All the books that exist can be found here.” Renesmee’s eyes lit up from this. Our group stopped before the door so I continued. “There are a lot of visitors who only came to Volterra just for this room. If you want to find something this is the best place to search since it contains writings that are long lost from human history. “Renesmee sighed a wow in wonder. “Guests can add books for the collection too. Basically this library started from gifted writings and the costume of adding a new copy when someone came to read is still alive. Grandpa Carlisle likes this place too. He spent a lot of time here when he was living here. He has a pile of books about medicine and stuff that he wants to bring here when he visits again.” I finished. My sister was completely in awe. I couldn't blame her.

“Did Carlisle really collect books to bring here?” Bella asked.

“Oh yes. He wants to share the development that he saw in human medicine over the decades. He is sure there are others who are interested in it but can't live close to humans to learn it themselves.” Esme smiled warmly.

“That’s wonderful, I am eagerly waiting for the day when he finally wishes to visit us. We always had such exciting conversations.” Master Aro cheered lightly, like someone who hadn't met his best friend for a while.

I was a bit recoiled by that. How can he think of him so fondly when in the films he was ready to rip Carlisle's head off just to get possession over Alice and my parents? It didn't make sense. In his mind he really admires our grandfather and his way of life yet he is so jealous of him he almost dies in it. Friendships mean so little to him when it comes to power? Friends are changeable, while gifts are unique. Immediately it made my blood boil. It isn’t like he couldn't ask for help if he needs something. He didn't really need Alice under his roof just to ask about the future. I am sure our sweet aunty would accept a few requests if he asks nicely. My eyes suddenly gleamed up. I had an idea.