Chapter 10: Strength of a Hero

The trio proceed through the city, when another barrage of Flame Cores bursts through the buildings ahead, causing Goofy to yell. The Flame Cores unleash fire attacks at them but Donald casts Blizzard to freeze them in place. 

Some Feral Hounds appear to attack them with their fangs, but Goofy uses Goofy Turbo while Sora diagonal slashes with Kingdom Key followed by casting Water.

They defeat the monsters and continue onward, however the path forward remains engulfed in flames. Sora approaches the fire but gets burned by the slightest bit of contact.

Sora: Ouch! 

Donald: Now what are we gonna do?

Goofy holds his shield out in front of him and pushes it against the fire. Seeing that he's okay, he turns to them. 

Goofy: Fellas! I just got a crazy idea!

Sora: The shield!

Goofy: Ready? 

Goofy tosses the shield to the ground and Sora and Donald leap aboard. Goofy gets ready to push.

Goofy: Here goes!

The shield slides forward over the fiery bricks as Goofy jumps on. They ride the shield sled-style through the flames as debris falls around them. At the end of the path, the flames die down and they hop off.

The trio continue through Thebes and reach the roof part of the city ,but then they see more people under attack by Soulless and Heartless. And so they attack the Soulless and Heartless and begin saving more people and keep going for different parts of the town. 

With Goofy, they manage to get through more flames and reach the next side, just as a huge fiery rock shoots from the sky. An immense structure held up by numerous stone pillars crumbles to the ground. 

Donald: The building!

Goofy: Gawrsh, I hope they've got insurance.

Sora: If there's anybody else stuck out here, we'd better find 'em fast.

They eventually made it into the gardens where they saw a woman on top of a stone pillar, being attack by two Gorgan Soulless and three Sirens.