snowy days (l.h)

I love snow days.

Something about not having to do anything all day is so refreshing.

I woke up to Luke stirring by my side, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close.

"You up?" he asked, his voice heavy with sleep.

Turning to face him, I said, "I am now." He slowly opened his eyes to meet mine.

He sat up, rubbing his eyes, "What's the plan for today?"

I shrugged, "Movies and hot chocolate?"

"Sounds perfect." he said, leaning in to kiss me. I placed my hand over my mouth. "Morning breath." I explained.

Luke grabbed my hand, "Don't care." he told me, lips meeting mine.

He pulled away and got up to get ready.

I'm so in love with this boy.

~~~

Luke sat down on the couch, trying to pick out a movie we'd both like, while I made my way to the kitchen.

"Home Alone, Home Alone 2, the Grinch, Elf, a Nightmare before Christmas..." Luke read from off the T.V screen.

I scoffed, "Everyone knows 'A Nightmare before Christmas' is a Halloween movie."

He got up and began walking towards me, "You're crazy if you think that. The word 'Christmas' is literally in the name!"

"You're stupid if you don't know that it's a Halloween movie! The director literally confirmed it years ago!" I told him while pouring the hot chocolate packs into our mugs.

He walked behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist tightly enough to pick me up. He shook me around a little bit, "Admit I'm right and you're wrong."

"No way!" I laughed.

He shook me a little harder, making me a bit nauseous, "Okay okay! You're right!"

"Thank you." he said, satisfied.

We walked to the living room, setting our mugs on the coffee table.

I rested my head on Luke's shoulder, "So... Home Alone?"

"You know it." he replied, his arm wrapping around my shoulder.

As the movie progressed, I felt my eyes getting heavy.

~~

I woke up yet again to Luke's arms around me, snoring softly in my ear.

The movie was still playing, so I knew we hadn't slept for long. I turned my body to face Luke.

I admired his features. His nose, his eyelashes, the small moles on his face that weren't noticeable unless you were close to his face.

His grip tightened on me, "I can feel you staring."

A warm feeling rose upon my face, before his lips met mine yet again.

"I'm a beauty, I know." he joked.

I kissed him again, "You really are."

We laid there, enjoying each others warmth compared to the outside.

"I'm kinda glad we were snowed in today." I told him.

He hummed, "Why's that?"

"I like spending time with you. I feel like we haven't gotten the chance to do that very often."

He sat up, "What do you mean?" I sat up with him.

"You've been really busy with hockey lately, and of course there's nothing wrong with that. But, whenever you leave for an away game or something... I don't know. I just feel like there's something missing." I ranted.

His hands cupped my face, making me look at him. "I'll always have time for you y/n. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, if you call me or text me, I'll drop it all just to talk to you."

"So what you're saying is I can call you in the middle of a game an you'll answer?" I smirked.

He laughed, "You know what I mean."

I smiled at him, "I love you, Luke Hughes.

"And I love you."

Instead of snow, BCs getting rain 😭

anyway, hope you enjoyed

<3, J