13. ALIYAH

What the hell just happened?

Deion Knight. The guy I had known since my childhood. The quarterback for the football team. The guy who thought of me as nothing but a little sister. The guy who I thought of as just a friend. My best friend’s brother….kissed me.

And I kissed him back.

Deion pulls his lips away from mine slowly, staring down at me. My heartbeat was now in my ears, the organ thumping quickly at a million miles per second.

“Deion, what…why did you…”

“You don’t know how long I’ve been wanting to do that for,” Deion tells me, his voice low.

My face heated up from his words. I wanted to kiss him again. So badly. Instead, I cleared my throat, looking away. “I have to go,” I tell him. I move out of his way as I grab my bag, not looking back at Deion as I make my way out of the studio.

I head out of the doors of the Wellness building, taking a long breath. The cool air from outside couldn’t even tone down the heat that was still on my face.

I liked that kiss. I liked that Deion was the one who kissed me. But me and him…it couldn’t happen. It shouldn’t happen. It wasn’t going to happen…

I let out a long sigh, calming my heartbeat and cooling down my face before heading back to the dorm.

~*~

Two days since my kiss with Deion, and I had been avoiding him like the plague.

I sat by myself in the library, trying to focus on my studying. However, the more I tried to focus, the more my mind reverted back to the kiss. I close my textbook, sighing. I put my things away and get up, starting to leave when I see Deion enter the library along with Theo and Aaron.

Shit.

I was hoping that he didn’t see me, but that hope didn’t last long as we locked eyes.

Double shit.

I looked away and spotted another exit, thankfully speed walking over there before Deion could catch up with me. I exit the library, walking along the campus. I reach the middle of the campus after a while, sitting down on one of the benches. I run a hand through my hair, letting out a sigh.

“Avoiding me, Alicat?” A voice asked against my ear.

I jumped and whipped around, seeing Deion standing behind me. “Have you been following me?”

“Yeah, because you’ve been avoiding me,” he says as he comes around the bench, sitting beside me.

“I have not been avoiding you,” I say as I look away from him.

“Then why won’t you look at me?”

I didn’t say anything to that.

Deion moved closer and grabbed my chin, turning my head to face him. “Aliyah.”

I bite my lip, glancing down for a moment before looking back up at him. “It’s not like I hated the fact that you kissed me. I liked it. I really liked it, but…”

“But what?”

“…What about Kira? I mean, what if she finds out that we kissed?”

“I don’t think she’ll be upset,” Deion says.

“But what if she does get upset?” I ask. “What if I tell her that we kissed and she gets upset and she doesn’t wanna be my best friend anymore?”

“Aliyah, it’s okay,” Deion reassures. “I know my sister, and I know that she wouldn’t get upset over something like this.”

Kira wasn’t the only person I was worried about. “What about everyone else? If something does happen between us, I don’t want you to get a bad reputation because of that.”