16. DEION

Of all the things I’ve done in my life, going to a party at a mansion was definitely not one of them.

The downstairs was filled with people dancing and drinking or either making out on the steps or in the corner. I sat back in one of the chairs in the living room, sipping on a coke while watching everyone else.

I yawned and went on my phone when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned off my phone, looking up to see one of the girls I recognized from the dance team. Clearly drunk, she leaned down. “Hey, Deion.”

I lean away from her a bit, her breath reeking of alcohol. “Hey.”

“You know, you are wayyyy too hot to be sitting here all by yourself,” she smirks.

“I like being by myself,” I say to her, even though it was a lie. The girl I wanted to be with wasn't anywhere to be seen right now.

“But this is a party, Deion. Wouldn’t you rather be with someone?” She slowly makes her way around and tries to sit on my lap, but I gently push her away.

“Yeah, I would rather be with someone.” That someone not being you, I wanted to add.

The girl smirks more as she tries to sit down on my lap again. “Well then, you got your wish.”

I push her away again, this time with a bit more force.

The girl scoffs. “What’s wrong? I thought you said you wanted to be with someone.”

“I do. Just not you.”

The girl scoffs again. “Whatever.” She stumbles off just as Theo comes over to me, Eric by his side.

“What was that all about?” He asks.

“Nothing,” I say before giving Eric a small wave. “Hey, Eric.”

“Hey, Deion,” he says back.

“Oh, I came over here to tell you that Aliyah is here,” Theo says, gesturing to the back area of the mansion. “She’s in the backyard by the pool.”

“Thanks, man.” I get up from the chair and make my way through the crowd of people before finally reaching the entrance to the backyard. I walk out and immediately spot Aliyah, who was with Kira and Jennie. I go up to them, slipping my hands into the pockets of my jacket.

Aliyah sees me and gives me a smile. She comes over to me, a cup in her hands. “Deion, hi! I didn’t see you when I came in.”

“I didn’t see you, either, but I’m glad I get to see you now.” I slip my hand out of my pocket, taking her hand in mine. I look over at Jennie and my sister. “Mind if I steal her for a moment?”

Kira nods, smiling. “Go ahead, but watch over her. I think she might be a little drunk.”

I chuckled. “Aliyah? Drunk? Never thought I’d hear those two words in a sentence.”

Aliyah tugs on my arm. “Deioooon. Let’s go dance.”

“Nevermind. Don’t worry, I’ll watch over her.”

Aliyah tugs on my arm again and again. “Deiooooon.”

“Okay, okay. I’m coming.” She keeps tugging until we’re finally away from Kira and Jennie and near one of the many giant speakers around the mansion.

Aliyah starts to dance to the music, her hips swaying from side to side. Her one hand roamed all over her body while her other hand held the cup, some of her drink spilling on the ground. She turns to me, still dancing as she grabs my hand. Grinning, Aliyah turns her back to me before guiding my hand to her waist.