Chapter 3

Amara's pov:

"Ahem ahem". Lorenzo said through the microphone, gaining the crowd's attention.

"Good evening everyone. Today is a special day to me , for many reasons. After 25 years of running this mafia , and working on it , my one and only son is taking over the lead. Which means , my son is also getting married, to my best friends daughter, Amara Russo ! Come up here our beautiful couple!"

The crowd cheered as me and Damien walked up the stage.

"Good evening, I'm every elated today to announce my engagement. Now I'm standing here with my stunning wife by my side."

He said as he put his hand one my hip , pulling me closer to his side. Doing this causes a weird feeling in my stomach.

I have never felt like that before

He moved aside for Lorenzo and dad to stand next to us . We signed some papers then the crowd cheered.

"Thank you everyone ! Enjoy your night !". Father said and we got down the stage. We walked back to our table and mom gave me a smile . I felt a hand on my back , causing me to then around. I found Damien looking at me.

"We're leaving now"

"Now ? Why too early ?" I asked.

"I'm busy tomorrow morning."

"Oh ok , I'll just say goodbye". I mumbled  

I went to mom and gave her a big hug.

"I'm leaving now , mama." I said looking at her.

"Oh baby"

After 20 minutes of saying goodbye. I finally had the strength to leave them and go.

We got to Damien's car . The driver started driving away from the ball , to Damien's house.

"You're going to have your own room , away from mine. Your stuff will already be in there when we arrive. Don't wear revealing clothes outside your room. I'd you want anything , you can tell your personal maid to get it for you. You will not go anywhere out the house , and again , anything you want and need your maid will get it for you. Never talk to any man around the house . The only person you're allowed to talk to is your maid , and me if it was important." Damien told me while I was playing with the hem of my dress.

"Can I continue my job?" I asked , hoping just to her the word 'yes'

"No"

"B-but you can't forbid me from my job ! I just work at my father's company "

"You're a mafias leader wife , who owns the biggest and strongest mafia in the world. Get that in your head".

"But that has nothing to do with my job !"

"It does , in many ways. But the only thing I can say is that now , since you're my wife , all my enemies' eyes on you. They want you in any way possible"

"And why is that ?"

"I can't answer you"

~~~

Walking in his house, I took a glance around it. It's all black and some gold details , it looks good actually.

We walked up the stairs and I followed him like a lost puppy. We got to a room and there was a maid standing next to the door.

"This is your personal maid , Amelia. She can help you with whatever you want." And with that , he left.

"Okay". I gave Amelia smile then walked in my room. It was grey and white. A queen-size bed with to nightstands in each side of it. It has a bathroom and a walk-in closet.

"Your stuff has already put in the closet, ma'am" Amelia said.

"Thank you , and don't call me ma'am. It makes me feel old. It's just Amara"

"It's an order from the boss"

"Who cares about what he says ?!" I rolled my eyes and walked around the room.

"Alright , I'll leave you know. Goodnight , Amara" she said chuckling, the left.

"Goodnight"

~~~

Author's note :

Happy new year everyone! May 2024 is your year to shine