Chapter 12

Amara's pov :

At 6:30 pm , I was done with my hair and makeup. I put on the dress that Damien got me and the jewelry. He has such a good taste in clothes.

It's a sleeveless, long , navy , silk dress. It has a cut from the middle of my right thigh till my foot. The jewelry are made of pearls and some silver details. The heels are white with also pearls. And the purse , I think you guessed it , it was made of pearls.

I put everything on except my heels. After spraying some perfume , I walked over the couch , where Damien was sleeping. I sat next to his and started shaking him.

"Damien , wake up. It's 6:34.". He turned around to face me. I gave him a slight smile then a tap on his shoulder.

"Get up before we're late". I sat on my bed waiting for Damien to get ready.

Now it's 7:15 and we haven't left the hotel. What's taking him so long ? I walked over the bathroom door and knocked on it.

"Damien it's 7:15, we're gonna be late". He didn't answer me , but I just heard him curse. I opened the bathroom door hesitantly and looked in , I saw him struggling to tie his tie.

"Damien , are you late because of the tie ?"

"Yes. I can't fucking do it ! Amelia does it for me every time since I was 10 "

"Then ask for help !". He looked at me through the mirror.

"You can you help me ?"

"Sure". I walked over him , taking the tie from his hand.

"The rabbet bounded away with the fox snapping at his cotton tail". I put the tie in the right way around his neck ; the wide part longer than the narrow part. Then gently pulled him closer to me.

"Once around the tree , the fox chased the rabbit". I wrapped the wide tail around the narrow one.

"Twice around the tree , they ran". I said as I repeated the last step.

"The rabbit scooted under a bush , away from the fox". I push the wide part under the neck loop.

"The little rabbit got away !". I said pulling the wide part through the neck loop.

"And dove right into the safety of his cool , dark hole". I pushed the wide part through the knot loop. The narrow section, and pulled up the wide one, tightening the knot.

"And there you go ! A perfect tie !". I looked up at him and saw him already starting at me. His face was too close to mine , like we're about to kiss.

I was fighting the urge to kiss his rosy lips. But I couldn't help myself, I needed to kiss that man.

I got on my toes and pressed my lips on his cheek. After I realized what I did , I quickly pulled away and got out of the bathroom.

Oh god it's gonna be so awkward now !!

I sat on the bed and put on my heels. I put my phone in my purse then waited for Damien on the bed. I saw him with the corner of my eyes getting out of the bathroom, sitting on the couch and put on his shoes.

"Amara , can you come here ?". Suddenly I felt nervous. I walked over him and stood in front of him. He patted the couch next to him, telling me to sit.

"Look I know you're still traumatized from knifes and guns , but I need you to be safe". He pulled a knife from his pocket, causing my hand to shake.

And what shocked me , he held my hand in his , rubbing it to calm me down.

"Just keep it with you, don't use it until you need to. You're gonna be okay but things don't always go as planned. Okay ?". He said with a soft tone.

"O-okay"