chapter three

“I asked where did you go?” 

I took a moment, gathering my thoughts before turning around to face Jungkook. With determination in my eyes, I spoke firmly, “Rule number one, Jungkook. We will not interfere in each other’s business.” I held his gaze, my eyes locked with his deep brown ones. 

He furrowed his brows, his expression turning serious as he went quiet, unable to hide his displeasure at my words. 

Not letting his reaction deter me, I continued on my path, making my way towards my bedroom upstairs. I didn’t look back, not caring about his disapproval. My mind was set, and I knew I had to establish boundaries. 

Later, as I entered the guest room, I closed the door behind me and leaned against it for a moment, taking in the quiet solitude. My gaze lowered, lost in my own thoughts.

After a few minutes of reflection, I walked over to the closet and found everything meticulously arranged.

A sense of gratitude washed over me as I realized that Housekeeper Nancy had taken care of every small detail, while bringing my belongings to the guest room. 

“Thank you.” 

A faint smile formed on my lips as I silently thanked housekeeper Nancy internally. It was a small gesture, but it made me feel a sense of comfort amidst the uncertainty of my current situation. A reminder that at least someone cared.

[End of y/n’s pov]

///

[Author’s pov]:

As y/n made her way downstairs, she exuded elegance in her below-knee-length white formal dress. The dress was made of delicate lace, and adorned with intricate floral patterns that added a touch of femininity. Its fitted bodice accentuated her figure, while the flowing skirt gracefully swayed with each step she took.

As she reached the bottom of the stairs, y/n noticed Jungkook sitting on the couch. His attention was momentarily captured by her presence, causing him to turn his head to the side.

Housekeeper Nancy had thoughtfully left a note on y/n's dressing table, informing her that they were invited to dinner by Jungkook's grandfather and suggesting she dress accordingly.

This note made it easier for y/n to choose her attire for the evening.

Jungkook's gaze lingered on y/n for a moment, his hands nonchalantly tucked into his pockets.

As he stood up from the couch, y/n broke the silence, asking, "Should we get going?" Her words brought Jungkook back to reality, causing him to look away and give her a small nod in response.

With that, y/n followed Jungkook as he led the way towards the door. 

As Y/n and Jungkook found themselves in the backseat of the car, an almost suffocating silence enveloped them. It was as if the air itself held its breath, unwilling to disturb the fragile equilibrium between them.

Y/n could practically feel the tension crackling in the confined space, urging her to break the silence. But instead, she chose to divert her attention to the world outside the window.

The evening road came alive with a symphony of lights, casting a magical glow on the surroundings. The shops lining the streets were adorned with vibrant signs, each one competing for attention.

Their colorful displays beckoned passersby, promising a world of delights within.

People bustled about, their hurried footsteps echoing on the pavement, as if chasing after fleeting moments.