Boring Resupply

"Uh oh," Branch mumbled as he looked over his shelves "Looks like I'm running low on some stuff."

Poppy, scrapbooking at the coffee table, gasped. "Woah woah woah!! The Branch running low on supplies? Shouldn't you be overstocked if anything?" She teased.

"Well I normally would be. I go restocking every 2 days, but with the whole getting my brothers back fiasco, I missed the regularly scheduled time." Branch started scribbling down things he was missing as Poppy put her materials aside.

"Let's go get your things then!" Poppy jumped up and headed for the door.

"Wait wait wait wait Poppy- are you sure you wanna go with me? It's a boring chore, really. There's no fun in it."

Poppy turned and took a few steps toward him in silence, making direct eye contact. She smiled, causing her overbite to show. Branch felt like he had glitter for breakfast as his stomach felt as if it was sparkling and twinkling. He loves her overbite, knowing that it shows when she truly means her smile. Their faces were inches apart as Poppy began to speak.

"Branch, I feel like you should know by now that I love doing absolutely anything with you. It could be the most boring day ever, but I would still enjoy it as long as I spend it with you. When I'm with you, I'm always having fun." Poppy could feel herself blushing slightly as the sweet words left her mouth in a quiet, loving tone. She noticed Branch's face turn slightly red, and she giggled.

"Uh, well, um-" Branch struggled to let out a response at the sudden affection Poppy had shown. "I, uh, guess we should go then. If you're so sure." Branch wanted to express his love for Poppy more than anything, but at that moment he was choked up. Poppy started laughing even more as she pulled him in for a kiss. Branch would be lying if he said he wasn't thinking about initiating one. The kiss was soft and passionate as it soothed Branch's flustered head. Once they pulled away, his thoughts were somewhat clearer. "Thank you, Poppy," he began. "I can't even begin to explain how I feel about you, but just know that it's the same and more. You're the most important person in my life, and I love spending every second with you. Maybe we should have these restocking dates more often?"

"Yeaaahhh!!!" Poppy cheered and squeezed him. "I would love that."

—--

Ahhh this is my first fanfiction I've ever written!! I hope you enjoy it, reader :D

Thank you for reading! <3

Lunadew out :3