The Strongest Force

“Poppy, that's against the rules,” Branch’s body shook with laughter. “You can’t just do that.”

“I’m the queen, of course I can!” Poppy giggled back smugly. The couple were playing a board game in front of the fireplace, wearing cozy pajamas and wrapped with blankets. There was a blizzard outside, and Branch’s bunker was snowed in. Of course, Branch being Branch, he had all the necessary resources to survive- including his girlfriend. He listened to her contagious laughter as if it were her beautiful singing, because to him, they were both music to his ears. The infatuated troll continued to laugh with her.

“I’m not playing if you’re just gonna cheat,” he chuckled, trying to put on a stern face. “Either play fair or we don’t play at all.”

“I’m thinking we don’t play at all,” Poppy smirked as she scooted closer to him and snuggled against his shoulder. Branch felt his heart melt and beat faster at the same time. He leaned against her too, wanting to be closer and to just drown her in affection. “What do you say?” Poppy looked up at him, and Branch stared into her gorgeous eyes. His gaze shifted to her tempting lips as he leaned closer.

“I like the sound of that,” He mumbled as their lips connected softly. He pulled her closer, resisting the urge to squeeze her. “Wanna go lay down?” Branch asked when they pulled away.

“You read my mind,” Poppy was already dragging him to his room, excited for cuddling underneath the warm blankets. “It’s freezing.”

This was Branch’s chance! He held her close and tight, trying not to squeeze her too hard. “I got you.”

“Aww, thank you,” Poppy pecked his cheek. Branch laid down first, opening his arms for his girlfriend to crawl and snuggle into. Instead, she leaned over and kissed his head. “I just gotta use the bathroom, I'll be right back.”

“Nooo,” Branch whined. “You stay with me.”

“Nope.” Poppy poked his forehead and skipped off to the bathroom. While she was washing her hands she thought about how clingy her boyfriend was acting, scoffing and giggling at his behavior. She exited the bathroom, “I'm back.”

“Hmph,” Branch turned away from her grumpily. “You left me.”

“Oh, come on, Branchifer,” Poppy rolled her eyes laughing. “It was only for a few minutes.” She tried to get under the covers but was stopped as Branch stole them.

“Mine.”

“Hm, fine!” Poppy smirked as she turned away. “I guess I'll cuddle the pillows on the couch.” She began to slowly walk away when she felt Branch’s hair wrap around her.

“Okay, no, stay.” Branch used his hair to pull her into bed as she laughed.

“Branch, this tickles!” She said in between laughter. “Hey, careful!” She tumbled onto the mattress as Branch threw the blankets over her, and enveloped her in a bear hug. “Somebody's clingy today.” Poppy remarked with a grin.

“I just miss you.” Branch said as he inhaled his girlfriend's scent. She smelled so sweet that her scent alone could give Branch a mouthful of cavities. He didn't even want to think about what a kiss could do. “Plus, it's cold. You're warm.”

Poppy hummed as she snuggled closer to him. “I hope it's cold more often, then. You somehow act even cuter than you usually do.” Branch felt his face warm up at the comment. He hugged her closer, if that was even possible, and kissed the top of her head. Poppy laughed at the affection. “Very cute.”

“You're cuter.” Branch sighed, wanting to be even closer. They were already as close as they could be, but it wasn't enough for him. “Come closer.” Worth a shot asking, right? 

“Branch we might as well glue ourselves together,” Poppy teased. “I can't get any closer than this.”

“Then get out your glue gun,” He grumbled, putting his leg over her to keep her in place. “It's not a bad idea.”

“You're gonna have to let me go if you want me to take it out. I can't move.”

“No.”

“Then this is as close as we get.” Poppy tried to shrug, but the clingy troll's grip was too strong. “You don't work out, right? Why are you so strong?”

“Because I love you.” Branch began to shower her head and face in kisses. Poppy laughed at the affection and closed her eyes, enjoying this side of Branch she's never seen. “We aren't close enough.” He groaned in between kisses. He pulled her on top of him so he could kiss her lips while keeping his arms wrapped around her. Once their lips touched, Branch put all his love and passion into it. He wanted Poppy to know how much he loved her and how grateful he is for always being there for him. Words weren't enough at the moment, he craved her warmth.

“I love you so much.” Poppy stared dreamily into his eyes when they pulled away.

“I love you more.” Branch replied, tracing the glitter freckles on her face with his fingers, admiring every little detail that was a part of her. “You're so beautiful.” He was hypnotized by her beauty, making Poppy blush.

“Oh, stop.” She huffed, laying her ear against his chest with a smile, listening to his heartbeat.

“Never.” He whispered as he felt the love of his life start to breathe slower. She was falling asleep to the sound of his heartbeat, making him swell up with more love and admiration. He turned them to their sides to get more comfortable. “I love you so so much.” He mumbled, falling asleep as he caressed the back of her head. Branch's heart belonged to Poppy and only Poppy, his love for her being the strongest force she would ever have to face in her entire life.

~~~~~
Hellooo my dewdrops ! I absolutely loved writing this part, probably one of my favorites~

suggestions greatly appreciated !! I'm running low on ideasss. it will take me a while though, school is still hitting me hard 😭

love youuu!! thank you for reading ♡
lunadew out !! <3