Arguing

"I'm just saying, Poppy," Branch sighed while taking a seat on her bed. "That doesn't sound like the best idea."

"Branch you have to trust me," Poppy breathed out, clearly exasperated from their disagreement. "I'm the queen."

"You said you would start listening to your subjects, Poppy, and I'm your boyfriend."

"I asked everybody already, Branch. Majority said that my idea was great." Poppy took out scrapbooking materials over to her desk to keep her hands busy and mind somewhat clearer.

"We've never made pods out of anything that isn't troll hair," Branch argued, observing her anxious habit. The sound of snipping scissors filled the gap between each word he spoke, slightly annoying him. "How do we know it'll work out?"

"Look, I've talked to R&B about it and they said it should be safe. Branch, I have this figured out. Please, just trust me."

"I do trust you, I'm just worried about the possible safety hazards this could bring to the first trolls who try out the new 'artificial' pods." He got up and walked over, taking the scissors away from her. "Stop stress-scrapbooking, you know it barely helps you."

"I'm worried for the village too," Poppy snatched the scissors back and continued cutting away at paper, not forming any particular shape. "You said it yourself, 'a troll's hair is their best defense'. Why should we take that away from them to make our homes? Us trolls need our hair. I'd feel horrible if somebody wouldn't be able to protect themselves properly."

"I get that, but we don't know how much weight the trees of the forest can carry. Troll hair is light, allowing many pods to be built on a single branch. What if everything collapses because of the new heavier materials?"

"Branch, I thought of that already. I also already talked to R&B about it, and they said they'd take care of that." Poppy slapped the scissors onto her desk, too exhausted to even continue her bad habit. "You need to trust me. Please."

"I do trust you, Poppy, I just don't think it's a good idea."

"You're contradicting yourself!" Her raising tone took Branch aback as she stood up from her seat. "If you trusted me, you wouldn't be trying to convince me to change my mind right now."

"It's only because I'm worried you're making a bad decision." Branch reached out for her hand, hoping to calm her down. It wasn't unlike Poppy to say things she didn't mean during heated moments, and he could tell she was about to burst.

"Oh my troll, do I ever make a good decision without your help?" She finally snapped, causing an overwhelming amount of guilt to wash over Branch. He genuinely didn't realize that's how she felt. She noticed his hurt expression, regret quickly taking over, though she couldn't find the words to apologize. Crossing her arms and swiftly leaving, she spoke, "I need to be alone right now."

"Poppy, wait-" Branch took a few steps toward her before she left her pod running.

˚ ༘♡𓆪 ·˚ ⋆ ۵ˑ༄ؘ

"Where am I going?" Poppy squinted through the dark. Night had fallen before their argument began, reaching peak darkness at this hour. "Where do I go?" She had not noticed her feet taking her to one of the only other places she felt safe and at peace: Branch's bunker.

"I guess I'm here." She sighed, stepping onto the mat and slowly heading down. Her feet were in control while her mind was in a haze. They took her to Branch's bed, and she flopped onto it. Tears fell onto the pillow, coating it in dark, damp spots. She sighed in frustration and pain, wanting to hug Branch tightly and to tell him she's sorry. She wanted to kiss him and remind him that he's a great boyfriend, and how much she appreciated all his help with managing queen duties. She regretted everything.