Kaede

SHUICHIS' POV:

I woke up to my alarm at 8am. Visiting times aren't open right now so I can't see Maki or Kaito even if they were awake, and Kaede has therapy in the mornings, so I was just left with my thoughts.

We've been at the hospital for a few days now, but everyone seems to be doing somewhat okay. A few of us are scared of each other but I feel like that's understandable.

Ive been visiting Maki, Kaito and Kaede a lot, i was only really close to them and they are easy to talk with while im still processing everything. Kaito's getting medicine for his illness and it's working really well! Maki won't leave his side whenever they have the chance to be together. I've had to stop her from threatening the nurses a few times.

I am one of the first to be granted access to free roam the hospital. Only people with minor injuries or survivors have been given this privilege, which most of us barely use.

This half of this floor seems to have been cleared out to make space for our rooms, and the other half is filled with a mixture of entertainment rooms and therapy offices. I was asked if I wanted one but I declined until further notice, if I ended up really needing one I could just get money from my parents to set up appointments with.

————————————————————————————

Most of the time I scroll through my phone for a bit before I remember basically all there is to see is people tagging me in videos and photos about the game, no messages from family or old friends. I always end up shutting off my phone and looking at what's on tv. However tomorrow I will probably forget and remind myself of what happened.

While watching tv I come across a show about some phantom thief, which immediately brings me back to the time Ouma said he wanted to be one.  I start to realize I haven't really thought of him since the game, or talked to him. Now that I really think about it, I don't think anyone has. Maki keeps avoiding his room like the plague. After we accidentally walked in his room once when going to visit Kaito, she memorized Kaitos' door number instead of its placement.

All I can really remember about him is how he was during the game, and when we walked into his room. If you put the two into comparison, he looked so.. different. He looked like there was nothing left in him. Like the life in him had been gone for decades.

I get curious after noticing something. No one else has really talked about Ouma, I end up feeling bad for him so I decide to ask the nurses about him.

I stand up and make my way to the front desk of our floor and find the head nurse, her name is Tsumiki Mikan. "Hello Miss Tsumiki, I was wondering if there's any information about Ouma Kokichi I can know about?" I ask as she's writing some paper work.

"Ouma kokichi? Well, he's not allowed to leave his room due to fainting spells he's been having, but you're still welcome to visit him. You'll need a nurse's permission before hand, incase anything happens!" She said stuttering on every other word.

That explains why we never see him during freetime, but why would we need permission?
"Incase anything happens?" I must've sounded horribly confused considering the face she made. "I can't tell you anything further myself because of patient confidentiality... my apologies." She quickly mumbled before taking her paper work and walking to the staff rooms.

I might visit Kokichi later today then if they allow me to. I just hope the others don't see me, otherwise they'd probably be upset with me.

As Im walking back to my room, I see Kaede walking back to her room from therapy. She goes quite early.
"Hey Shuichi, good morning! How have you been today? So far at least" She said smiling as she noticed me walking towards her. "I'm doing alright, just talking to the nurse about how the others are doing." When I say that she immediately lights up and starts asking me who I was asking about.

"I realized none of us have really asked about Ouma, so I was wondering how he was doing" I said while we ended up walking to the cafeteria, even though my original plan was to rest in my room.

"I mean it's good you are keeping tabs on people, but really? Ouma??" She said, looking through the sandwich options before asking "Which one should I get?" I then replied with something basic before going back to our main topic. "I mean have you seen anyone talk to him, or even talk about him?"

She paused for a moment before turning to me and replying, "Now that you say it, no, I haven't." "Exactly" I say while grabbing an orange.

"I'm glad you're still such a caring person despite what happened, even if the people you choose to care about can be.. off.. I'll support your decision." Kaede adds as we sit down.

Kaede is that one person you can always talk too. I'm glad that she will always support me no matter what I do, even if she doesn't agree sometimes. She's a real friend and it's nice to know she'll always have your back. I feel like if any of the others knew I was looking into Ouma they'd judge me somewhat. It's not like they're bad people for doing so, they have plenty of reasons to feel that way, I'm just cautious about how they view me.  

Hi!! I'm probably gonna publish this after the next chapter, but just know... I am running out of ideas already...!!!!!
Sorry if the timeline is a bit confusing, just ask and I'll try to explain it better!
I am normally not very motivated so just know
i will be one of those writers who barely
update... sorry😢

(not sure who the artist is)