Second chance

KOKICHIS POV:

Today is finally the day they let me outside! I don't have to be stuck in my room anymore and can finally get my own food and finally try to talk to people!!!!
I'm very excited for this since it felt like I wasn't able to make my own decisions while I was stuck in bed.

I walk out to the cafeteria to see if there's anyone to talk too, it's currently around breakfast time. I see Maki, Kaede, and Shuichi sitting down at a table, Miu and Keebo at another, Angie, Himiko, and Tenko getting food, and a few others scattered around.

As I'm walking to get food I see Kirumi walk up towards me. "Hello Ouma, it's nice to see you are alright. Would you like me to help show you where everything is?" She says in a calm manner, it's strangely comforting. "Yeah maybe sometime, I'm planning to get breakfast though!" I say with a smile. Kirumi was always really kind and I want to at least have one person here like me.

"alright! Just text me if you need anything" she says smiling back while handing me a post it note with her number. "Thanks, I will!" I reply.

I walk to the area of the cafeteria where you can pick your food. For breakfast options they have cereal, fruit, boiled eggs, sandwiches, and waffles. I grab some of the waffles and a packet of syrup. As I'm about to sit down though, Shuichi walks towards me. All I can think of is what does this dude want again.

"Hello o-, Kokichi, I'm sorry about the other day. I don't know why I said those things, but I didn't mean them. If you want you can sit down with me, Maki, and Kaede?" He mumbles some of the words, probably because he's nervous, but I can tell he's genuine.

"I thought you didn't want the others to see you hanging out with me?" I reply confused, because he seems like the person to care. "It doesn't matter that much to me if it means I'm being rude to someone else. So would you want to?" It definitely does matter to him, but he must be really sorry if he wants to risk that, so I accept.

"Sure, but are you sure maki won't try to punch me or something?" I say jokingly until I realize she's staring at both of us intensely. "She'llllll.. get over it" He says pausing mid sentence to look behind him before continuing.

We start walking towards the table when I see Kaede and Maki look at me then glare at Shuichi. I can tell they don't want me there but honestly it'll be funny to piss off maki. I sit down next to Shuichi, on the other side of him is Kaede, who's between him and Maki.

I see Maki whisper something to Kaede, she responds outloud "It's fine if Kokichi sits with us, don't worry girl!" which makes Maki become slightly panicked, and confirms that they were talking about me.

I start eating my food, and Shuichi, Maki, and kaede talk the entire time. I'm not sure how to enter the conversation and I don't wanna seem weird or something so I just listen and don't say anything.

"Maybe we can all try to go shopping or something when they let us all out? I mean we barely have any clothes?" Kaede says, her eyes are sparkling.

I'm not even sure what we're supposed to do after this, did I miss something they told us? I'll probably text Kirumi to fill me in later if they don't mention it later.

"Who would we even invite?" Shuichi asks. "Probably us three, Kaito, and maybe Gonta, Kirumi, and Rantaro if they wanna join in." Maki replies.  Shuichi turns to me "Kokichi would you want to come with us? If you don't have any money I can pay for you." He asks "Yeah it'll be nice to get to know you better!" Kaede adds.

I lowkey thought she didn't like me but I guess she's just that nice.

"Sure, what would you guys ever do without me anyway!" I giggle and Kaede smiles while Shuichi smiles a bit before frowning at the end of the sentence. Maki just looks wildly confused. She calls Shuichi over and whispers something to him but I can still sorta make it out. "I thought we didn't like him?? Why are you inviting him??" She asks. Shuichi replies with "I'm giving him a second chance, I think everyone here deserves one." She sighs and says "Look I'll support you but just be careful, he really hurt us all. I just want to make sure you and Kaito are okay."

It makes sense that she doesn't really hate me and just wants to protect her friends, but i still can't truly believe it. She literally tried to kill me so I think I get to be suspicious.

"Ummm by the way, what are we even supposed to do after this??" I ask tapping Shuichis' shoulder once he gets back in his seat. "They didn't tell you?" He replies confused. "Nope, I didn't know they were supposed to tell me anything." I say back. "Basically, once we all get released, we will be put into a free, at least for us, apartment complex until we join a college corresponding with the career we want, unless you decide to stay there." He says calmly.

GIRL WHAT!!!!! COLLEGE? I don't even know what I want to do as a career! I guess people are just doing what their ultimates were but I don't wanna be like a politician or anything.

I think Shuichi can tell I'm internally panicking because he grabs my shoulder. "You okay?" He asks. "Yeah Im fine, just shocked we're like, old enough to go into college. Still feels like we're in highschool haha" I make an awkward ass laugh at the end of the sentence. "Ohh okay, I'm glad you're okay. It does still feel like that though not gonna lie." He replies.

He goes back to talking with the other two as I finish eating. I decide to go talk to the nurses about what I missed but I don't know where anything is, so I text Kirumi.

_____________________________________

Kokichiouma | 11:23am
Hey kirumi! I don't know where the nurses are and I wanted to ask them some stuff. Do you know where they normally stay?

Kirumi🧺 | 11:24am
Hello Ouma! The nurses usually stay at their desks, two doors down the hallway on the left of the cafeteria room. Would you like me to bring you there or are you fine finding it on your own?

Kokichiouma | 11:24am
I'm fine on my own, thanks though!
_____________________________________

I sit up and wave goodbye to the others and head to the nurses desk. To sum it up, just like Shuichi said, we're gonna be put in an apartment complex and have the option to go to any college we want. It's extremely easy to get into any college because of the killing game. She also said we should be released in a week from now!

I'm not sure what I want to work as, so I'll probably just go to a two year college someone else is going to unless I decide what I want my career to be like.

Literally it feels like a few days ago we were still freshmen. The killing game didn't feel like it lasted four years? Like I know I'm 19 now but seriously?

I decide I'm just gonna go take a nap, this is too overwhelming to process and I'm tired anyway.
As I'm walking past the cafeteria, Shuichi runs up to me.

"Hey kokichi, I was just about to go back to my room until I realized I forgot to give you my number, if you want it." He says catching his breath "Oh yeah, sure I guess" I reply. I'm not sure what I would even text him about, but it would be nice to have more than one contact. "Here, you can type your number into my phone" I say grabbing my phone and opening the phone app. "Here you go." He types in the digits and saves himself as Saihara. "Im gonna go take a nap now, bye Shuichi! Maybe I'll text you later." I joke. "Have a good nap, bye!" He says walking away waving.

It feels nice to have friends. Maybe my therapist was right about opening up.

Hi guys it's ur fav writer evr...
I wrote this in school and am still in school as I publish it SO ENJOY!!!!!

this chapter is going to ruin you all if
you reread this fic once it's done LMAOOOO