estrellas~chapter 9

After all of the pool drama, it is finally Belly's birthday dinner. Susanah bought all of us girls flower crowns for the theme of Midsommar. I was sitting next to Jeremiah at the table. I felt tension from Belly right when Jere started to pester Cam Cameron.

"So, Cam. Do you mind if I call you Cam Cameron?" Jere questioned.

"Yeah, feel free man, that's funny." Indeed it was funny.

"Cam, have you ever had miyeok-guk before? It's a Korean birthday tradition." My Mother asked.

"No. Looks so good. Thank you." Cam answered back.

"Belly told me you're vegetarian, so I didn't put any meat in it."

"Why don't you eat meat, Cam Cameron?" Jeremiah asked. I pinched his leg and he just giggled at me telling me to shush.

"Uh, the meat industry is, like, the number one contributor to global warming," Cameron answered.

I thought that was a valid reason, but Jeremiah was thinking other things.

"You know, uh, actually, Belly eats meat. So, you let her kiss you with those lips?" Jeremiah said.

I lightly smacked him on the arm. I could tell Belly was becoming uncomfortable.

"So you don't mind if, uh, like, her lips touch a dead animal, and then those dead animal lips touch your lips, right?" He just did not know when to stop.

"I don't mind at all. Um, in fact..." Cam Cameron leaned over and kissed Belly right on the mouth. That was so cute! I for one, am Team Cam Cameron.

Steven and Jeremiah started to make gagging noises and I told them to quit it.

"All right, all right. Belly's allowed to kiss, but that's it." My Mother said. She started to die of laughter at her joke, I couldn't help but laugh along.

"You know, um, I'm thinking maybe we should go to Nicole's party," Belly says to everyone.

"Party? What party?" I ask. I was not aware that Nicole was having a party.

"Oh, my God. I love you. I'm so excited!" Taylor squeals.

Jeremiah leans over and whispers to me, "Wanna' go? Cause' if you don't we could just stay back and watch a movie."

"No, let's go, it might be fun," I answer.

~

Taylor and Belly got a ride from Cam and Steven and Conrad drove separately.

I drove Jeremiah and me over to Nicole's house. The drive over was so much fun, Jeremiah never lets me drive. But, I promised him I would be his DD.

When we get there I see flashing lights from the window. All I could think was, some shit is gonna' go down.

"Woah," I said to Jeremiah as we walked up to her house. I noticed Belly was already inside.

I walk over to the kitchen and get a Dr.Pepper. I explored the house a bit and saw a bunch of teenagers making out.

I eventually find my way over to what I think the living room is.

I spot Jeremiah on a couch and I plop myself next to him.

"Lauren!" he shouts, he is already totally wasted, "I missed you so much!" He gives me a tight squeeze and then kisses my cheek.

I just laugh at him, "Damn! You're drunk aren't you?" I yell back.

He shrugs his shoulders, "Maybe? I don't know."

"How many drinks have you had?"

"Enough." He says and giggles.

"We've only been here for like an hour," I laugh at the way his body is moving, I don't know if he has ever drunk this much.

"So? I'm a teen I can drink," he laughs and wraps his arms around my waist, "You smell good Laur."

"Oh really?" I say, "Well you reek of alcohol."

"What can I say, I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby." He kisses me on the neck.

"What are you doing Jere?" I say. Gigi is giving us glares from across the room.

"Let's Dance Laur-Laur!" He grabs my hand and pulls me to the dance floor.

We start dancing and I'm just losing it at how he is swaying his hips. Then he wraps his arms around me again.

"Can we slow dance?" He asks.

"This isn't a slow dance song Jere?"

"I know, I just want to slow dance with you Laur," He leans down and kisses my forehead. I blush hard, but he's just a flirty drunk, right?

We dance a little longer before he is losing grasp of reality.

I drag him to his jeep and buckle his sleepbelt. I drove us home and helped him up the stairs of the house.

Once in his room, I helped him take his shoes off. As I'm bringing him some water he just rips his shirt off and slides his pants off leaving him in boxers. I turn around and he notices.

"Puhhhh, it's fine Laur... y-you've seen me shirtless before," He giggles. He's so drunk.

He hops into his bed and I tuck him in.

"Thank you Laur-Laur," he says to me.

"Of course Jere-Bear, I'm always here."

Out of nowhere he grabs me and pulls me into his bed with him, "Will you sleep in my bed tonight?"

"I don't know Jere, you're wasted."

"Please," he begged. I finally agreed and I let him cuddle me. Out of absolute nowhere, he says, "I love you, Lauren."

I turn around to face him and he is passed out asleep.