5- Training Schedules and Snakes

Sasuke was not unlike a cat. He enjoyed napping in the sunlight and, with his team, curled between them and basking in their warmth. He silently demanded attention and pretended to hate it unless he was only half awake. You could also find him comfortably stretched out in the oddest of places. Like now, lazing atop the refrigerator while Naruto cooks them breakfast.

"Don't forget the tomatoes, Naru." Sasuke drawled, flipping a page in his own Icha Icha book. Sakura was pissed when he bought it but caved beneath his puppy dog eyes. Naruto rolled his eyes fondly; how could he forget something so important when the Uchiha never stopped reminding him?

"Sas, I know, I won't forget the most important ingredient." Naruto was smiling as he flipped an egg in the pan. Sasuke hummed and went back to reading his smut book.

The door to Sasuke's bathroom opened, and Sakura walked into the kitchen, wet hair piled atop her head. "Good morning, boys." her greeting was met with two happy smiles, one more relaxed than the other. Sakura wrapped her arms around Naruto and hooked her chin over his shoulder. It was great to be taller than him once again.

Sasuke reached down and undid the bun Sakura had her hair in, running his deft fingers through the damp strands. Sakura huffed but leaned into his hand. Naruto shivered as the long, wet strands brushed against his bare shoulder.

Where Sasuke was like a cat, Sakura was more like a dog. She was fiercely loyal, always willing to protect her pack, and loved having her hair played with. She could also put on a front and act like a perfect little puppy and then bite the shit out of whoever tried to pet her.

Naruto loved his teammates. He wasn't just a dog or cat person. He was an animal lover through and through, no matter the species, except for rabbits and some snakes.

"Sasuke?" Naruto asked. The Uchiha hummed in response, "How are you going to get your summoning contract back?" Sasuke paused mid-page. Naruto and Sakura would have no problem getting their contracts back. Sasuke refused to return to Orochimaru, and the others wouldn't let him whether he wanted to or not.

"I... don't know. I'll figure it out." Naruto nodded, flipping the egg from the pan and onto a plate.

"We'll figure it out together. Breakfast is served." Sakura detached herself from Naruto, taking two of the plates to the bar in the kitchen. Sasuke rolled off the top of the fridge, abandoning the book for a later date. Naruto took the last plate for himself and hopped on top of the bar beside his partners.

The three enjoyed their meal as they idly chattered about anything and everything. Sasuke set his empty plate down on the table beside him, leaning against Sakura and listening to his two louder teammates ramble about Jutsus and fighting styles.

There was a knock on the front door, and all conversation ceased. Naruto, the best sensor out of the three, sent out a bit of chakra, feeling the signature of whoever was outside. "It's Kakashi-Sensei. I wonder what he wants."

Sasuke hopped off the counter and ambled his way toward the door, disabling a few of the traps he and Naruto set. Kakashi was standing awkwardly with his hands shoved deep into his pockets when Sasuke pulled the heavy door open. Kakashi looked up from the ground when the door opened.

"How can I help you, Sensei?" Sasuke asked, quietly waiting for a response. Sasuke doesn't ever remember Kakashi coming to his house on the first go-around. He didn't know if it was a side effect of acting differently or if they had forgotten something important.

Kakashi shifted slightly, a tell to how uncomfortable he was. "You're all late to training. I came to see why."

Sasuke narrowed his eyes, looking up at the sun. It shouldn't be time to leave yet if they take into consideration Kakashi's late streak. There were footsteps behind him as Naruto and Sakura joined them at the door.