16; heat waves

Ishan awoke the next afternoon with a pounding headache, accompanied by the unpleasant taste of puke in his mouth.

His hazy memory struggled to piece together the events of the previous night. Did he throw up? The throbbing in his head offered no clear answers.

As he battled the pounding in his head, the memories of the night slowly surfaced. He recalled his attempt at escaping his thoughts through alcohol, the dance with Aditya, and, oh, the recording.

Panic set in as Ishan hastily opened Instagram, praying he hadn't posted anything regrettable. A sigh of relief escaped him- no embarrassing video on his profile.

While scrolling through his feed, waiting for the headache to subside, he stumbled upon numerous posts and reels featuring the intimate dance with Aditya. How was it possible? He hadn't posted anything?

Upon closer inspection, he discovered he hadn't recorded the video but had gone live on Instagram. The second hand embarrassment struck him. He was truly, utterly, with all due respect, fucked, this time.

Some viewers treated it as a joke, while others delved too deep into the matter, trolling him. Some even speculated about a romantic relationship between him and Aditya.

If it were just a post, he could've attempted damage control by deleting it. Unfortunately, it was a live video, witnessed by millions, screen recorded by some, and reposted by many. The damage was done and it was irreversible.

࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪

Ishan expected some judgmental stares during their flight back, anticipating that his drunken antics would be the talk of the team. Surprisingly and thankfully, everyone treated it as nothing more than a joke. And it turned out, he wasn't the only one who had passed out after some drinks. That made it less embarrassing.

However, as they headed back to Mumbai, his mind was a chaotic mess, not because of the Instagram live fiasco, but the looming reunion with Shubman.

He had hoped to resolve things before the series concluded, but time slipped away. And the news of Shubman's recent company of girls didn't ease his nerves either.

During the flight, he pondered the choice of not flying back to his hometown in Patna instead. He initially planned on paying a visit to his family before their series against South Africa but changed his mind at the last minute, deciding to head to Mumbai first. But now he regretted his decision.

Maybe he should pulled a Farhan Qureshi move from '3 Idiots'?... Where on earth were these bizarre ideas hatching in his mind anyway?

࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪ ˖ ๋࣭ ࣪

Ishan hovered outside the door to his room, repeatedly grasping the doorknob and then releasing it. The tug of war between entering and withdrawing had been going on for a good five minutes.

Finally, the door swung open, revealing a girl who seemed to be in a not so good of a mood. Taking a step back, Ishan granted her the space she clearly needed to storm out. He stood there, watching her vanish down the hallway.

It didn't take him too long to put the puzzle pieces together to have a decent idea about the identity of the girl. Without wasting a moment, Ishan took a deep breath and stepped into the room.