17; ishan was soft

When was the first day Shubman had noticed Ishan was beautiful, not chiseled like that of an ancient Greek sculpture but tender, like a cloud during sunset – so soft, so gentle it makes you want to sink your teeth in?

Ishan was soft. He had soft eyes, which Shubman had noticed, go from soft to something dark and fierce quite frequently in the past few weeks of their strained phase of friendship. He had soft skin, quite contrary to the roughness of an athlete's skin. He had soft lips, the ones that begged to be bitten but at the same time begged to be kissed ever so delicately.

As those soft lips met Shubman's, any sort of uncertainties that clung to his mind melted away. He was aware that he'd most likely end up regretting his actions the next morning. But in that moment, he craved Ishan, consequences be damned.

At that moment, Shubman could push him away. He held the power to push the vulnerable boy before him away and walk out. He could deny Ishan entirely if he wished. Yet he didn't. He couldn't. For now, all that mattered was his undeniable desire for Ishan.

Fuck, Ishan's lips felt so delicate on his. Despite being in a few relationships in the past, a proper lip-to-lip kiss was an uncharted territory for Shubman, engaging only in hugs and forehead kisses with his previous girlfriends at most. It was his first real kiss and it felt ecstatic.

Shubman wasn't sure if this was Ishan's first kiss as well. And did it really matter? Not really. All that mattered was that the way Ishan's lips moved on his, it felt like the boy knew exactly what he was doing and Shubman followed his guide. Their kiss was slow and slightly messy, laden with desire and a sort of rush.

Suddenly, Ishan pulled back, breaking the kiss. This shouldn't be happening; he was taking advantage of his best friend. Despite Shubman reciprocating the kiss, Ishan couldn't possibly ignore the fact that he was drunk and his mind was clouded. The absence of a clear 'no' didn't equate to a 'yes.'

"I..." Ishan stammered, attempting to sound nonchalant but failing spectacularly. "It's pretty late, and I'm tired... I should probably get some rest."

His excuse, laced with hesitation, barely masked the post-kiss butterflies that fluttered in his stomach.

Although he wasn't entirely lying about being tired and sleepy, the intimate moment had transformed those feelings of exhaustion into little butterflies in his stomach.

Despite mentioning his exhaustion, Ishan lingered, almost as if awaiting Shubman's response, seeking an unspoken permission.

Shubman remained silent, reaching for the remote on the bed to cue a song at a barely audible volume. The song... It was a slow one. One that made you feel nostalgic, yet empty. It was romantic, yet it made you feel like something shattered. It was the same song that was playing back at the celebratory party. The same song on which Ishan and Aditya danced to.

Closing the distance, Shubman extended a hand, his voice a deep whisper, "Dance with me?" The invitation, almost a quiet murmur, hung in the air, barely audible unless you were as close as Shubman was to Ishan.

Ishan released an unsteady, heavy breath, unaware he had been holding it. Shubman, without awaiting a verbal response, took Ishan's hand, placing it on his shoulder while interlocking his fingers with Ishan's other hand. With a gentle pull, Shubman drew him closer by the waist.

It felt familiar to Ishan, a déjà vu of Aditya's move. It was almost as if Shubman was trying to mimic Aditya's moves. The difference lay in the fact that with Aditya, it was merely awkward, lacking any profound impact. With Shubman, every touch sent Ishan's heart into a frenzy.

Shubman's touch was full of paradoxes. It burned him yet it sent chills down his spine. It held the power to freeze him and melt him at the same time. It was gentle, as if Ishan would shatter with a firmer touch, yet dominating, as if Shubman sought to claim what was rightfully his.