21.A Shoulder to Cry On🌿

Jm stared at his best friend, as his lips curling upwards at the sight of him. He was about to run over and give him a warm hug, but a cold glare from Joon stopped him dead in his tracks. The confusion on Jm's face was evident, unable to comprehend why his best friend was behaving so coldly.

"Joo..." Jm began, his voice barely a whisper but Joon swiftly passed by him, storming out of the clinic. Jm was left standing there, feeling a mixture of confusion and sadness. What had happened to Joon? Did he hate him now too, just because of his pregnancy?

As tears welled up in his eyes, ready to cascade down his cheeks, Jeon immediately came beside Jm, wrapping an arm around his trembling shoulders in a comforting manner. Jeon wanted to ask who the boy was and why he had stormed out like that when Jm calls him, but he knew now was not the time. He would ask Jm later on.

"We'll head home now," Jeon said soothingly, and Jm nodded his head, unable to speak any words in this emotional state.

"Send me every detail about Jm to my email," Jeon told Yeji, who nodded her head understandingly and cooperated with the situation.

They walked out of the clinic together, Jeon helping Jm into his car. With gentle care, he fastened Jm's seatbelt before making his way to the driver's seat.

Inside the car, Jm let his tears flow freely. He couldn't believe that everyone seemed to hate him now. The weight of it all was pressing down on him, suffocating him with self-doubt and sadness. Jeon, sitting beside him, noticed the tears glistening in Jm's eyes. He bite his lower lips at the sight, and without hesitation, he reached out and delicately turned Jm's face towards him, gently wiping away the tears from his cheeks.

"Shh, Jm, don't cry," Jeon whispered, his voice laden with compassion. Jm, craving comfort, immediately latched onto Jeon, seeking solace in his embrace. Wrapping his arms around Jm, Jeon began rubbing his back soothingly, trying his best to provide the comfort that the boy so desperately needed.

"He hates me, h..hyung," Jm sobbed into Jeon's shoulder, his voice filled with despair.

"Who?" Jeon asked with genuine concern, his hand never ceasing its gentle motions on Jm's back.

"He... the boy earlier. He's my best friend, Joon," Jm managed to choke out between sobs. "Everyone hates me now." Jeon's heart clenched as he realized how much hurt Jm felt.

"No, Jm, no one hates you," Jeon insisted, shaking his head adamantly.

"You're lying. You also used to hate," Jm accused, his voice laced with pain. Jeon's eyes dropped, feeling a pang of guilt.

"I don't hate you or ever hated you," Jeon confessed, his voice barely a whisper. "I just... disliked the idea of you and your mother being part of my family.

"Why?" Jm stared at him, wide-eyed, tears still glistening on his cheeks.

"Because I didn't wanted your mother to replace my mom in my dad's life, or in my life." Jeon confessed, and Jm can understand older feelings. Slowly, he placed his hand on his belly, softly rubbing it as if seeking comfort from their unborn child. A small smile tugged at Jeon's lips as he witnessed the moment.

"Please believe me, Jm," Jeon pleaded, his voice filled with sincerity.

"I believe you," Jm whispered in a small tone, and Jeon hands once again reach Jm's cheeks. "Now, stop crying. Our baby doesn't need to witness their mama in distress.." he said, his voice soft, and Jm nods his head, a small smile tugging at his lips.