22|twisted love

"YOU'RE GOING TO KISS ME IN FRONT OF ALL OF THEM, AND YOU'RE GOING TO LIKE IT

"YOU'RE GOING TO KISS ME IN FRONT OF ALL OF THEM, AND YOU'RE GOING TO LIKE IT."

Pearl kept shaking her head no. "Absolutely not."

Coriolanus had woken her up in the morning with ridiculous orders. She wished her escape plan worked, because now he was only going to torture her more.

He wanted to use her as a prop for his advertising as president. He wanted her to go up on that stage and essentially rant about how perfect of a leader and person he was.

And then Coriolanus wanted Pearl to kiss him.

That would seal her fate forever. Kissing him like that in front of all of Panem would mark her as his and show her submissiveness. It wasn't a hard task, considering that they've already shared many moments like that.

But Pearl and Coriolanus had never done anything like that in the public eye. There had to of been word spread around about them since the guards spoke about her like his belonging, but they've never really done anything to tell others.

"I can't kiss you in front of Panem just because you're so desperate for me to kiss you. I won't enjoy it, but I'd rather you do it now."

Coriolanus chuckled, coating Pearl's neckline with small kisses. "But here's the wonderful thing, my rose. I can do this as many times as I want, even all day long."

Pearl was at her breaking point. She went from the unknown girl from District 4 to the treasured victor of District 4. And now she was the possession of President Coriolanus Snow.

God, she hated that word. She hated being his.

"What do you want from me?"

"How many times do I have to explain myself? I want you, and only you."

"Why?"

Coriolanus was puzzled. "You're asking why?"

Pearl nodded. She didn't understand why the president suddenly cared so deeply for someone from the districts.

"Ever since you were reaped for those games, you became my priority." Coriolanus was so close to her.

"You're so confident and headstrong. I've never seen anyone challenge me like that before, it least never directly. You intrigued me."

A kiss lingered on her jawline. "And not to mention, you're beautiful. It's hard to control myself."

Coriolanus's hands were on her, and Pearl wanted more. She wanted him to continue, but she didn't know why.

"That day at the interview, you said you were treasure. You were right. You're my treasure. You're mine."

Coriolanus smirked. "I've known it since the very beginning. My first ever victor as president."