9: 𝑅𝑎𝑡𝑠 & 𝐻𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑚𝑢𝑠𝑖𝑐

Kira paced her apartment with her phone to her ear. Each and every call to her uncle sent her to voicemail.

She never called him. She always thought that if she did he'd know that it was an emergency and he needed to pick up. But he hadn't.

"He's going to pick me up any second now... I swear if he's late I'll turn him into dust. It'll take five minutes to get everything ready. Then it's off to the USJ."

Kira desperately jotted down every thought she heard. The man was so excited he was thinking through every step it would take to get him to the moment he'll kill the number one hero.

Nomu?

She didn't know what that was, but she kept seeing images of some beaked monster. She drew a vague sketch of it beside the words. She was starting to realize how crazy this notepad looked. Her hand writing was shaky and dark. She was bearing down on the paper too hard. She had sketched an image of a monster and of the man next door.

And how would she explain this? If she was wrong then she'd just look crazy. But if she was right?

How would she explain that?

That wasn't important right now. Her secret wasn't quite as important as the lives of the number one hero and several actual children.

"Where is the bastard-"

Kira suddenly picked up on some weird energy. But there was no thought, it unnerved her when she met someone she couldn't read. It wasn't uncommon.

People with Anaduralia or certain quirks could be almost undetectable to her. But she could still pick up on their emotions or pictures. She also couldn't read animal minds, and with that some people with extreme animal-like mutations.

But this... It was nothing. Just static.

"Finally... The show is about to begin. I'll never see this dump again."

He was going to move after the attack because he knows his face will be known. This was an actual terrorist attack and the only person who knew was Kira.

And her uncle wouldn't even answer the phone.

She snatched up her skateboard and ran out her door. The man's thoughts were completely gone now. Whatever that being was it had a teleportation quirk. Which meant she had about five minutes before the attack began, if the man's thoughts were correct. UA was ten minutes away.

She kept on calling. She thought about calling the police as well but decided against it. A random quirkless girl with no relation to UA high calling about a possible terrorist attack. Her only evidence was: "trust me bro"

She'd have to be insane to call them. They'd lock her up and she wouldn't be able to tell anyone. At least at UA she might have a little pull with her uncle.

But what if he wasn't even there? She realized. What if he was already at the USJ. What if that's why he wasn't picking up? The clock was ticking. She had to get onto a bus to go up the hill to UA. Why did they have to be so extravagant?! Why did they have to have their own fucking hill?!

She stopped at the gate as it slammed shut infront of her face. She blinked at the door that was only two inches from her nose. That totally could have killed her. She looked around and knocked on the door.

Of course she needed clearance to get into UA. This school was a fortress, designed to prevent attacks.

Like the one going down right now.

She dialed her uncles number again.
"Pick up old man..." She grumbled.

"I am here! And I can't take your call right now! Please leave a message at the-"