66: 𝑈𝑠𝑒𝑓𝑢𝑙

Warning: This chapter contains the kidnapping, abuse and mistreatment of a young child. Read at your own discretion.

°.•.°•.°•.°

One second Kira was walking with Kirishima's arms wrapped around her and then?

Everything went black with a sudden bang, like she was shot in the head. Everything was dark and she could distinctly hear a loud ringing. Like when someone was blown up in the movies and all the sound cut off. But it was real.

She lost consciousness with only a ringing in her ears, then even that faded away.

°.•.°•.°•.°

Kira scrunched up her nose. "Um... Cat!" She said, looking up at the therapist.

"That's correct Kira! I'm so proud of you!" The woman said. She was faceless, Kira couldn't remember any features the woman had. Her face is a blur to Kira. 'She's growing stronger everyday.' The woman thought, letting go of Kira's hand.

When the woman let go of her hand her thoughts became fuzzier to Kira. All mumbles.

"Now I'm going to think of an even bigger word! And you're going to have to use your quirk to find out what it is, can you do that?" She asked and little Kira nodded frantically.

"Yes!" She said with a big grin. She liked this game, it was a simple test of her quirk. Seeing if she could read a mind and repeat back what she heard.

"Alright!" The woman put her hand out again and Kira put her own much smaller one on it.

'Hippopotamus.'

The word echoed in Kira's head twice and the girl scrunched up her nose. "Hippo?" She asked, looking up.

"Close. Try again, the full word this time." The woman advised.

Kira took her hand and closed her eyes. "Hippopotamus. That's a hippo. I was right!" The child said with a big smile. "Can I have candy now?"

"I guess so. But just one piece." The woman held out a bowl, Kira picked out a blue raspberry sucker and grinned at her prize.
"Is my quirk really strong?" She asked the woman, putting the sweet and sour candy in her mouth.

"Very." The woman responded with a nice smile. "Hey Kira, do you know when your mom is going to pick you up?"

Kira just shrugged and walked to the toys on the ground. "I don't know. She went to the store." The young child said. It wasn't unusual for her mother to leave while Kira was having a session. They usually stretched to an hour or farther. She would run errands and pick Kira up when she was done. It wasn't her fault. All of the other parents did the same as well. Trusting them completely.

The door opened and a man walked in, he had just finished seeing a boy a room down. A boy around Kira's age with a strong quirk but Not one that would be of use to them. Besides with his important family, he'd be very difficult to take.

Kira looked up at him. Just like the woman, Kira didn't remember his face just that he wore a white coat. However she could still faintly feel his emotions.
He was excited.

'Finally.'
He thought.

Kira gasped and looked over. "Hey I heard that!" She pointed. "I didn't even touch you!"

The two adults looked at each other in
shock. The kid's quirk was more evolved Everytime they met with her. She was getting more and more powerful by the hour.