Chapter 54: If Orlando Bloom Came in Wearing a Dress Made of Kit Kats

UNEDITED: Lol, I have literally nothing to say about this chapter. Sorry this chapter has soo many mistakes and no italics.

Graphic by:mahumisawesome

His brother.
Oh god could he know- did Alec tell him?

Alec wouldn't. He couldn't have.

Could he?

I look at Alec who looks just about as confused as I am. The colour had drained from his face and he was staring at the doctor in shock.

"Me?" He asks,"Why would he want to see me?"

"Well he asked for an Alec Evans and I suppose that's you?" The doctor said unsurely,"His brother- I mean step brother or whatever, I'm not sure."

"Yeah that's me." Alec says looking unsurely at me.

I stare at Alec gulping down my fear who gives me the slightest shake of his head.

But it tells me enough, Alec didn't tell Jake a thing.

I don't say anything but simply sink back into my chair trying to fight the sense of relief.

Jake didn't know.
Jake was okay.
Alec was okay.
They were both going to be alright.

Thank the gods.

"But why me?" Alec asks and he's mainly looking at me as of I somehow magically have the answer to his question.

I don't care.
I don't care who asked for whom and why. As long as both of them there are okay I wouldn't care if Orlando Bloom came in front of me wearing a dress made of Kit Kats.

Maybe if there was no dress whatsoever then...

I move forward and grab Alec by the shoulders and hug him. And I breathe out.

I really breathe out.
They're okay.
Both of them are okay.

"Thank god you're alright." I say burying my head into his shoulder.

He's rigid at first but he relaxes and wraps his hands around my waist.

I pull back hesitantly and give him a smile. It's small but for the first time I realise it's genuine. It's not a screen that I'm putting in front if him because I'm afraid of messing up or saying something in front of him that will make him hate me.

Because I've already done that. I've screwed up with him as much as one could possibly and I was going to make things right between us.

He looks at me unsurely his eyes barely meeting mine and my heart sinks.

He still hates me.

"I hate to interrupt." The doctor says,"But we really need to get started, so if you're-"

Alec cuts him off by nodding and slowly getting up. I try helping him up but he immediately pulls back and stand up, his eyes not meeting mine.

He actually hates me.

I'm still standing frozen in my spot as Alec starts moving forward towards the door. I want to call out to him and ask him what's wrong but I can feel my grandmothers gaze along with Ashley's and Rebecca's on me.

No I was not going to lose it.
Not now.

"Clara?" Alec says faintly turning back and looking at me,"When I come back, will you still be here?"

I nod thoughtlessly,"Of course."

"Okay." And then he leaves with the doctor.

I stare after him trying to form words but Ashley speaks breaking the absolutely heartbreaking silence Alec left behind,"I think you should go too, I'm sure Jake will want to see you."