Ch. 9: Paperwork

When they arrived back at the hotel, everyone was shocked to see Alastor willingly letting someone touch him. Only Nifty has been shown to be allowed.

"What the fuck?" Husk asked, looking at the booze he was drinking. "Is this shit expired?"

"Thanks for walking with me Alastor." Emily said, before walking to Charlie, "Got the stuff done!"

"That's good but how-"

"She was being preyed upon by nerdowell sinners! I was lucky enough to be around and drive them off before something dastardly could happen." Alastor said with a bow.

"And again, thank you Alastor." Emily said.

"Anytime my dear!" Alastor said before disappearing into the shadows.

Everyone stared at where Alastor once was before Vaggie walked over to Emily.

"Emily, not that I'm not grateful to him, but did Alastor say anything funny to you after he helped you or did you make a deal with him?" She asked.

"No, he just walked me to the post office and back. Why?" Emily replied.

"He let you touch him... he doesn't let anyone but Nifty touch him." Charlie said.

Niffty sped over to Emily, smiling up to her.

"It's true! Hehehehe, Alastor is like the father figure I've always wanted, but I didn't expect him to let another person touch him." Niffty said before crawling up Emily and getting in her face. "You're not trying to take my place are you?"

"Noooooo?" Emily said slowly, pulling her head back to her Niffty out of her face.

"Nifty, she's not trying to replace you, so back off." Vaggie said.

Niffty gave a creepy smile to Emily before speeding off to kill some bugs somewhere.

"Are you SURE she isn't dangerous?" Emily asked.

"60% sure." Charlie said.

"Wasn't it 70% just a few days ago?" Emily asked.

"Anyway, if Alastor tries something, come let us know." Vaggie said, ignoring Emily's question.

Vaggie and Charlie walked away as everyone else went back to what they were doing before. Emily followed Vaggie and Charlie, hoping she can help with paperwork or something.

"You know, I never really asked but what was inside of those envelopes?" Emily asked.

"Just random stuff." Charlie said.

"How random?" Emily asked.

"Stuff like paying bills and letters. That sort of thing." Charlie said.

"Oh." Emily said, "Is there anything I can do?"

"Uh... why don't you... file the paperwork." Charlie said, "It's easy, all of it is done, just match the dates up on the paperwork and the files."

"Okay!" Emily said.

As Emily went off to do the paperwork, Vaggie and Charlie looked at each other.

"Is it just me or is Emily a workaholic?" Charlie asked.

"I didn't want to say anything but I think so. Does she not have any hobbies or anything?" Vaggie asked.

"I don't know." Charlie said, "Do any angels have hobbies?"

"Some do." Vaggie said, "Though, I can only speak for exorcist and souls, I have no idea about high ranking angels."

"Maybe she's never actually had the chance to have hobbies." Charlie said, realizing something, "She's one of the highest ranking angels, she probably always has to help or work... I don't like it."

"I don't either but what can we do?" Vaggie said, holding her chin.

That's when the door to the hotel opened.

"Charlie, where's Emily?" Lucifer asked.

"Uh, she's in the office, why? Do you need her for something?" Charlie said.

"Just some... paper that she needs to sign, you know, official documents that will make it easier for her here." Lucifer said, walking towards the office.

In the office, Emily is working hard, and doing a damn good job, when Lucifer walked in. Emily is so interested in her work, that she's really not paying that much attention.

"Hello, Emily, I have some things that I need you to sign." Lucifer said, holding out a paper, "This is for your official 'Death' date."

(It can also be used for fallen angels to say when they fell. Yes, there is bureaucratic shit in hell, that shouldn't be surprising.)

Emily signed it, she was so focused that she just signed the paper without listening.

"This is will allow you unrestricted travel to the other rings." Lucifer said, showing a second paper.

Emily signed it.

"And this is an adoption paper." Lucifer said, showing a third paper.

Emily signed it. Lucifer then got all the papers in order.

"Thank you, daughter." Lucifer said, before walking away.

It took several seconds after her new dad left the room before Emily stood up with a shocked look on her face.