Ch. 12: Dress for Success

Ten minutes later, Emily had recovered from her sugar crash and got up from the floor.

"Ugh, why does food have to taste so good and make you feel so bad later?" Emily asked.

"Because our stomachs were made with limits." Charlie replied.

"That's... stupid." Emily said, "stupid" being the worst word she knows.

"You're so innocent, it's adorable." Charlie said.

"Shut up." Emily said, holding her stomach. "You're no different."

"Not true. I am more "hardcore" as Vaggie would put it." Charlie said with pride. "After all... Fuck."

Emily gasped loudly, making Charlie chuckle.

"Come on, you try and say it." Charlie said, gesturing to her sister.

"I don't know if I-"

"Come on, it's fine." Charlie said, waving her hand." It's Hell, not like you'll offend anyone."

Emily let out a sigh, giving in to give it a try.

"Okay. FFFFF...FFFF... Fiddlesticks!" Emily shouted.

Charlie burst out laughing, it was like Emily was physically incapable of swearing.

"SHUT UP! It's not funny!" Emily shouted with a blush.

"You're right, is not funny....IT'S HILARIOUS! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Charlie shouted and laughed as she fell back in the seat.

Emily pouted and crossed her arms.

"It's not funny." Emily said, softer.

"Oh, don't worry." Charlie said, putting an arm around Emily's neck, "Back and forth joking like this is just what siblings do."

'Huh? It is?' Emily thought as she couldn't recall any joking with "she who shall not be named."

But the more Emily thought about it, the more she realized that she who shall not be named was never really a sister to her.

She always acted more like a strict parent or guardian, barely making any time for them to hang out or talk except on rare occasions.

Charlie... she didn't do that, she always treated her more like a sibling than Sera, even in the few hours they had in Heaven. Charlie was kinder, treated her like an adult, and... didn't hide things.

"Sis?" Charlie asked, worried.

"Huh? What?" Emily asked before noticing her head was in Charlie's lap.

"Are you okay? You were spacing out for a bit." Charlie said.

"Just... thinking." Emily said, before noticing the limo stopped, "Where are we?"

"We are at the clothes store, because, no offense... you've been wearing the same outfit for several days like a homeless person." Charlie said, somewhat blunt but completely honest.

"....I was going to gently bring that up but you just had to fudging slap me with it." Emily said as she pulled her head up.

"Hehehehehe, yeah, I guess I did do that." Charlie said with a giggle. "Now come on, let's get you a new outfit... I think white is your color, but I feel like there's something that can go with it."

"What about... black?" Emily asked, looking down at her clothes. "That color doesn't really exist in Heaven, so..."

Emily didn't know how to finish that sentence, thankfully Charlie did.

"Blue reminds you of it, doesn't it?" Charlie asked.

Emily nodded as she didn't feel comfortable with the color she had been wearing for centuries and now that she had started a new life in hell, it was time for a new favorite color to replace the "holier than thou" blue she had outgrown.