Ch. 34: Wait, WHAT?!

The first thing Lucifer saw when he was there, was everything was bright, covered in white and gold. The second thing he noticed, was they were in God's home. The inner sanctum, a place only God and his arch angels were allowed in.

"The others are in Father's room." Jophiel said, turning to him. "Do you remember the way?"

"Like the back of my hand." Lucifer said, wiping a tear away, "I had dreams of being here again... I just wish it was under better circumstances."

"Yes, so do I." Jophiel said, clenching Lucifer's hand before letting go. "Come on, let's go see everyone."

The walked, the only sound filling the entire hall was the sound of Lucifer's cane touching the floor when he walked. It wasn't long before the second oldest, and Lucifer's twin, found them.

"Michael." Lucifer said.

"Samael." Michael said, looking exactly like Lucifer but with blue eyes and white robes. "Or do you prefer Lucifer?"

"...Either is fine." Lucifer said, crossing his arms behind his back along with his have you been, Michael?"

"Busy." He said.

"I can tell." Lucifer said, seeing how his once divine twin looked more like a shell of his former self.

It seems that out of all their siblings, Michael took it upon himself to do the most for heaven after father's unspoken death and the burden was showing.

"You should rest. You look like shit." Lucifer said bluntly.

"There is no rest for the wary, so I shall not rest either. Besides, should you not look worse being the ruler of humanity's filth?" Michael asked him.

"They all know that if they get on my bad side than nothing all seven rings can save them." Lucifer said, before resting his cane's tip against his older twin's chest, "They don't even bother trying anything, and those that do are swiftly dealt with."

"Boys, can you put your siblings rivalry away for one day?' Jophiel asked.

"This is a conversation." Michael and Lucifer said, surprising each other.

All of their siblings shook their heads but some of them laughed, finding this "conversation" refreshing.

"This brings back memories, doesn't it?" Urial asked, standing next to Gabriel.

"Yes. Yes it does." Gabriel said, nodding.

"... Where's his body?" Lucifer asked.

"Right through there... we haven't moved him, we figured you'd want a moment or two." Michael said, pointing to the doors to god's room.

Lucifer stared at the doors, flashing back to fond memories of seeing his father, before slowly walking towards the door past his brother.

"...Thank you, Michael." Lucifer said softly.

"Brother's to the end." Michael said.

Lucifer smiled a bit from that as he continued to walk to the doors of god's room, slowly raising his hands to the wood before gently and slowly pushing them open.

Inside, the usually clean room had books and papers scattered around. There was a lone bed by the far wall next to a stain glass window. It was for when God went into his hibernations, something he does when he needs time to think of how to decide whether or not to bless humanity or cull them. He was there, and the dried gold blood showed up very clearly on his white suit. Lucifer grabbed his hat and took it off, before getting on his knees next to the bed.

"Hello Father... I... I know it's been a long time since we last saw each other... and I know we've had our differences... but... I truly hope you know that you were my father, and I did care about you, even after everything." Lucifer said, nervous and with various pauses. "It's... a shame that Charlie never got to meet you... I think you'd like her... she is nearly exactly like you. She always dreamed of meeting you. When I told her about how your voice was capable of bringing life to the world just by speaking, she wanted to see what you were truly capable of... and of course, you probably already know of Emily... who am I kidding, you made her of course you do. She's... doing quite fine in hell, really settled into nicely. She acts differently than she used to... but... you can tell that the old her is still there. The perfect blend of demon and angel... it's almost like you made her specifically so Charlie could have a sister. Knowing you, you probably did..."