Young Incipium

If Indila were to describe Incipium in five words, they would be: Intelligence; Charisma; Discipline; Adaptability; Resilience. He embodied these qualities with striking resemblance to his father, yet bore physical features that set him apart from his blond, blue-eyed siblings. With his dark brown hair, deep brown eyes, and slightly darker skin tone, Incipium stood out in a crowd, leaving no doubt that he was Indila's son. However, despite his physical resemblance to his mother, a brief conversation revealed undeniable similarities to his father, Coriolanus, in both demeanor and personality.

Incipium and Coriolanus shared an uncanny likeness in personality, a fact that Indila often struggled to come to terms with. His natural charm and charisma were traits he inherited from his father, traits that he wielded to inspire and motivate others, though the true intentions behind his actions sometimes remained ambiguous. Raised in a society that prized strength and discipline, Incipium's disciplined nature and unwavering focus propelled him towards his goals with determination.

The striking resemblance between Incipium and his father was a source of fear for Indila, a constant reminder of the darker aspects of Coriolanus's character. Despite her efforts to ignore this fact, the similarities between father and son loomed large in her mind, serving as a constant reminder of the potential dangers that lay ahead. Yet, despite her fears, Indila couldn't deny the undeniable potential within Incipium, a potential that held both promise and peril for the future.

The sense of ambition shared by Incipium and his father often led to conflicts, particularly during his early teenage years. Indila found herself constantly playing the role of mediator, trying to extinguish the fires that ignited between them. "He will never understand me, mom," Incipium would often lament, while Coriolanus would counter with accusations of indulgence, "You've spoiled him," he would say. In Indila's eyes, both were wrong. They couldn't see past their own flaws reflected in each other, she would often remark.

Despite their conflicts, Coriolanus ensured that Incipium was steeped in the belief of the ruling class's superiority and the necessity of maintaining order through any means, even if it meant resorting to oppression and violence. Indila vividly recalled an incident during a viewing of the Games. Elana averted her eyes from a violent death, prompting Incipium's irritation. "What are you doing? Are you pitying this girl?" he chastised. "She's from the districts, she got what she deserved. I didn't like this one; she was boring, did almost nothing..." His callous words served as a stark reminder of the indoctrination he received regarding the division between the Capitol and the districts.

Indila felt shattered. He was just a child, yet Coriolanus's influence on him was unmistakable. She couldn't help but lament the great job Coriolanus had done in shaping their children's beliefs and attitudes. She deeply regretted her words from years ago when she had expressed her desire for Coriolanus to be more involved in their lives. Throughout the years, her inner fear had been that her children would inherit the darker aspects of their father's character, turning into monsters themselves.

Despite her concerns, Incipium remained Coriolanus's favorite. He was the only one who showed genuine interest in the family business, and as the years passed and he grew into a young adult, their relationship improved. At eighteen, he graduated from the Academy, becoming the first in the family to attend college, a feat that pleased both of his parents immensely. Coriolanus was bursting with pride, and while Indila shared in his joy, her apprehension still lingered.