COMING SOON - epilogue.

Ango Sakaguchi stood in front of two tombstones.

In his back, the see ; in front, a large tree ; and above, the warm rays of sunshine.»

ODA S.
DAZAI O.

The man stared at the stones engraved with the names of those he had once called his friends. Perhaps even his best friends, if he hadn't met them while infiltrating the mafia.

Pictures were waiting for him at home ; memories twirled inside his head. Like that time they came in his office and tickled him until he left his desk. Or that one time Dazai had almost poisoned them with his cooking. Or how the young man never shut up about suicide and his partner. Or how they always made fun of him for taking tomato juice, to which he always answered :

«- I still have to drive back.»

Ango chuckled wettly.

«- It isn't that surprising you left before me, uh, Dazai.» he whipped a tear. « Don't worry. I'll stay here the longer possible. So you and Odasaku can get some alone time.»

«- Ango-san ?»

The government official turned around. A few meters behind him stood Dazai's latest protégé, Nakajima Atsushi.

The boy was holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers. White lilies. He approached awkwardly, putting them down at the foot of Dazai's tombstone.

The weretiger hesitated, before taking a few flowers and putting them at Oda's.

A weak smile wobbled its way on Ango's lips.

«- Did you know him ?»

He jumped at the question.

«- ... Oda-san, I mean. Dazai always said he was a very special person and... Well, this is- was,» he ticked « a very special place for him.»

And Ango answered, even though in all those months and years, Dazai had apparently never spoken of Odasaku.

«- At one point... Dazai, Oda and I worked-» the word left an bad taste in his mouth «-together in the Port Mafia. And, somehow, we became friends. A hitman, an executive, and an accountant.»

Nakajima blinked at him, wide, innocent bicoloured eyes looking at him.

«- I was an infiltrated agent, so I- I betrayed them. Not so long after, Mori-san charged Oda to get rid of an organisation, Mimic. He died. And when he did... I do not know the details, but... He was the one who told Dazai to leave the Mafia.»

The boy looked down at the tombstone.

«- It sounds like he was a great man.»

«- He was. ... They both were, each in their own way.»

Kōyō arrived on the mountain's side graveyard early in the morning. She always did, to watch the sunrise next to her protégé's grave, in the middle of his late friends tombstones.

But, to her surprise, they were already people there.

The first one, was the young blond haired kid from the Agency. The second, was Kyouka.

Kōyō approached carefully, not wanting to spook the two off them. The young boy had his hands dirty with soil, as he patted carefully the earth around a grove of coreopsis.

"Always cheerful"

Somehow, how fitting.

«- Thank you for the flowers.»

The words slipped out of her mouth, a wobbly edge to them.

Kyouka jumped like a startled kitten, her hand going to the small blade tucked in her kimono. She held a stuffed rabbit against her.

«- Peace, Kyouka. I am here for the same reason as you.» she carefully, lovingly stroked the tombstone. « I came to see someone dear.»

The girl relaxed a little, but still placed herself behind her friend.

«- Wow,» exclaimed said boy, looking at her with wide eyes. « You're really pretty, Nee-san ! No wonder Mr. Fancy Hat knew you ! He was cool like that.»

And his bright, sunny smile brought tears to her eyes.

«- I think he was too.»

Not many people visited Chuuya's grave. Kōyō new that Hirotsu, and the Akutagawa siblings came once in a while.

He was an open boy, always so caring... It was his greatest strength, but also his greatest weakness. How many times had he been betrayed, how many had he been left behind, how many had he lost ?

Too much. Her lad had lost to much.

She'd always knew she'd lose him early. They were many to know it. And anyway, "they were mafioso ; they were prepared for it".

«- I am happy, then,» Kōyō smiled.

Kyouka and the boy looked at her curiously. The woman hesitated a moment, before pulling a thin bit of paper from her sleeve.

«- Chuuya had a few childhood friends. They did not see eachother in years, but...» she looked at in the eye. « could you send the word to them ? He'd want them to know. ... Or at least the first one.»

It was Kyouka who grabbed the paper, a decided edge in her beautiful blue eyes.

«- We will. For Chuuya-san.»

And on those words, she put the plushie next to the flowers.

The sun was rising.