Epilogue

Nixx
Ten years later

The feeling of a summer breeze blowing at my face and the dirt ground pounding beneath my paws is one of the best feelings I have ever experienced. I feel the most free and relaxed when I let my wolf loose, and it's something I can't do very often.

I shift behind my tree and get dressed, finishing the buttons on my shirt when a body jumps onto my back from behind.

"Daddy look!" My daughter says, obstructing my view with a picture that looks exactly like a rainbow threw up.

I boost her higher up on my back before asking, "It's beautiful. Did you make it all by yourself?"

I start walking us back to the house as Akari says, "Yes I did, and I even gave you a moustache!"

For once I actually like her drawing. It looks exactly like you, my wolf says smugly.

Well guess who's not getting a run tomorrow?

You wouldn't dare, he growls.

Watch me, I counter.

"And that's your wolf!" Akari adds as she points to a splotch of black off to the side.

I smirk.

The colour isn't even accurate! My wolf whines.

"My wolf says he loves it," I tell her as we walk through the door.

After deciding to start a family, Noella insisted we get a house for ourselves. One that didn't include Rowan or Tristan fighting every five minutes.

I agreed, so I had a little cottage built in a secluded patch of forest near the south side of the border to our pack. It has a massive greenhouse, of course, and Noella surprised me on my birthday by putting a wooden engraved sign of my mom's name up in the back. It was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me, and probably the reason she's pregnant again.

Akari jumps off my back and runs up the stairs as soon as I shut the door, yelling, "Mommy, he likes it! Does that mean we can frame this one?!"

Thomas, Akari's twin and senior by seven minutes sits in his usual spot by the window, a book resting in front of his face as always.

"Hey, buddy," I greet as I come around to ruffle his hair. "What's the book about today?"

He doesn't even look up as he mutters, "Dragons."

"You think maybe we could find one in real life?" I ask.

He finally looks up with a spark in his eyes.

"Would you help me look?"

I make an incredulous face before saying, "Of course!"

"I don't think Nolixx is strong enough to defend you if you happen to find one," Noella says as she comes down the stairs. "I probably need to come too."

A stupid grin splits my face as I walk toward her, my arms encircling her waist and breathing in the scent of my favourite flower: dahlias.

"How was your morning run?" She asks as her arms come to rest on my shoulders.

"It was good, but it would have been better with you."

She laughs, gesturing at her swollen stomach as she says, "I doubt little baby here would appreciate being jostled around that much."

I sigh dramatically, but I'm beaming on the inside at the thought of meeting my third child in three months.

"I love you," I say as my lips brush hers.

"I love you too," she says, and then her lips press on mine.

"EWWW!" Akari yells as she jumps down the last step of the stairs. "Thomas! They're doing it again!"

"No!" Thomas groans. "Not again!"

They squirm their way in between us until we're separated by the cutest twins in the world. I may be a tiny bit biased...

"Do you know what denying me kisses means?" I ask warningly.

"Nope." They both giggle.

"It means," I crouch down to their level. "Tickles!"

They both erupt in laughter as I poke their sides, and Noella joins in tickling their necks.

"Stop, stop!" They both beg, breathless.

"Alright," I relent, putting up my hands in surrender. "I'll stop."

"Are you guys ready for breakfast after all that giggling?" Noella asks, walking into the kitchen.

"Yes, please!" They both shout.

I smile, watching as they sit in their seats and argue over who gets the blue placemat.

It's crazy to think that I thought my mate didn't exist, and now I'm living my dream life with her. Making a family with her.

I will never want for anything, because everything I will ever need is right here in this room.

"Honey, I'm home!" Rowan shouts as he opens the door.

"You're blocking the entrance, dumbass! Let me in!" Tristan barks.

"You guys fight like an old married couple," Kyler mutters.

"You act more childish than the seven year old twins inside," Marlene grumbles. "Now move before I dump this casserole on you."

"She definitely will," Kya warns.

Well, I guess not everything.

Thank you so much for reading, commenting reacting to and reviewing this book. It truly means the world to have such amazing readers to help me write my books! I hope you enjoyed reading His Little Human Mate as much as I enjoyed writing it! Now exscuse me while I go write another book...❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🤍