Do you love me? Do you hate me?

𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞?

 𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐞?

Eddie

It's only been 24 hours since Buck and I's interaction in the hospital waiting room.

It feels like it's been longer though.

Now, he's at my house in my shower and I don't know why I am freaking out.

 I offered him a ride back to his apartment to grab some clothes for the rest of Amelia's stay while Maddie watched her. And since my apartment was closer to the hospital, we agreed on coming to my place to see if Chris had a hoodie, Amelia could borrow since the hospital is cold. I also let him shower and have a bit to eat because hospital food is blah according to Chris who has had many surgeries.

"Dad, is Buck here?" Chris says walking in the door with his crutches as Carla holds his backpack behind him.

"Yes, how did you know?" I walk over to hug my son.

"The shower is on and it's not Abuela's day to watch me." Chris says innocently while taking a seat at the dining room table.

"Good point. Buck's only here to grab some things and shower. Do you want to ask him if Amelia is up for her gift now?" I look over at the dining room table where the stuffed giraffe and book he chose are still sitting in a bag.

Amelia's asthma scare delayed Chris' opportunity to see Amelia. 

I also want to wait to take him to see her since she is still getting tested.

"Yeah! I still feel guilty about the food I gave her. My friends in school don't know why I'm sad. My new friend is hurt and sick because of me." Chris explained to me that his best characteristic is caring for people.

He has a really big heart. He takes part in Christmas and Valentine's Day very seriously.

Carla gives me a look and sets his backpack down.

"Chris, buddy, we've explained to you multiple times that it's not your fault. You didn't know about her allergy. It was a mistake. I'm sure she will love her gifts as an apology," Carla sits down at the table before I can say anything.

Chris pouts and grabs his Nintendo Switch, ignoring us.

Ugh, teenagers.

"I can take him to see her if you need a break or time to work," Carla offers to me.

Before I can respond, Buck walks in wearing my 118 hoodie and carrying a bag of Chris' old Gap hoodie and sweats.

"Thanks for everything, Eddie. I'm going to order an Uber and head back to the hospital." Buck says while staring at my entry way desk with photos of Chris and Carla.