Do not speak as loud as my heart, but tell me you love me

𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝐃𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞, 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞

𝐎𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭

Buck

It's been a full week since Eddie and I talked outside of work about s'mores. Today I am doing three things. Taking Amelia to make s'mores at the Diaz household, telling Bobby that I am applying for the 115, and going to Amelia's mom's grave to be alone.

I need a moment for myself away from my kid and Maddie worrying about me and everyone staring at me at work. It's awkward being on desk and clipboard duty and not on calls. I should be out on calls. Hopefully, by the time my transfer for the 115 goes through, my leg will feel a little better. I will still have to do physical therapy and wear a cast or bandage for a few weeks but it's better than being on crutches from your entire leg being broken for months on end.

Also, if Eddie hasn't figured out what he wants from us, I have already decided what I want. I wanted stability, a lover, and a comfort person besides Maddie. My parent never gave me that kind of safe space or talk though. I'm going to do what I did for Amelia. I'm applying for the 115 and 114 stations to get a fresh start. They are both stations close enough to Amelia's private school that I am able to pick her up from a bus stop or carpool when my leg is better.

Amelia doesn't know that I am applying to transfer from the 118 yet. I will tell her after s'mores since her mood is so good. I bet she will be excited to be closer to her new friend's houses if I get accepted to either station.

"Amelia, what is taking so long. You are going to be late. Auntie M is coming in 5 minutes," I yell from down the stairs.

"I'm coming. I'm coming. I had trouble finding my other sock, dad. Why aren't you dropping me off at Eddie's? Is it because of your leg of physical therapy?" Amelia says as she mispronounces physical therapy.

She's still working on her R's at Durand school.

"Yeah, something like that. Don't forget your card for Eddie," I pick up the paper card that she retrieved from the school bus before it caught on fire last week.

It's a simple card made out of children's scrapbook paper that has a message inside for Eddie. Amelia let me read it out loud to make sure the spelling was correct once we cleaned up from the school bus incident.

It is basically a thank you card for letting her stay with Chris while I was in the hospital. She also reiterated that she is thankful for Eddie saving her in that school fire a few months back at her old school. It's written in her cute and messy handwriting that's similar to mine. The card is covered in stickers and coloring too. It's honestly so cute that she did it for Eddie.