1

I got so many animals opinions that I decided that I'll make fusions of them as smiling critters. Y/n the Otter Fox will be the first I draw. Y/n the Otter Fox will smell like Silver Sage

Without further ado, Enjoy💗

"Now, let's begin the procedure."

"No... Please no... NOOOO!"

Light blinded my eyes, making me squint out of reflex from lack of exposure.
"She's awake. Put her in the testing cell."
Big hands roughly picked me up from the cold table and tossed me into a room.
"Umph!" I landed on my back and rolled across the room, bumping the wall and whimpering at the pain. I trembled while pushing myself up and and tried to make out anything of where I am, but my vision was blurry so I couldn't see anything.
"This was a mistake, why did we even create such a creature? We can't even come up with a catchy name for it. Janice this was your idea, this is a disgrace to Ludwig's cause." "Oh hush Danny, this is a brilliant idea. Imagine how many kids will be fascinated by an Otter and Fox fusion for a smiling critter." "You're hopeless."

I managed to stand up while those two were talking, though it was really hard.
"Alright, Danny go bring in Dogday so that we can see how she does with other critters." "Fine."
The one person left while the other approached, patting my head once she was close enough. "Sorry about Danny, he's a nasty one one ain't he? Your eyes will adjust any moment now. Sadly the higher ups decided to discard your character, mainly because we could pick a name for you. That and you didn't wake up for days."
My eyesight cleared and I could easily see a middle aged woman with brown hair.
"I'm Janice, I'll be taking care of you till you learned everything. Since we can't find a good critter name I'll just call you Y/n."

The door opened and in came Dogday, the leader of the Smiling Critters. I used to watch them while living in the orphanage.
Everything was too overwhelming, and since I was so confused I ended up crying.
I wailed as everything I had known was shattered to pieces.

"Oh my stars!"
Footsteps padded over to me and furry arms encased me in a hug, it must be Dogday.
"No no Catnap, go back to the others."
At Janice's voice I glance up and see Catnap, my favorite critter from the show...
I sniffle and make grabby hands at the calming cat.

Not long after that it was just the two of us, Catnap hugging me and me crying.
I finally calmed down, letting everything slowdown. His gentle lavender smell soothed my senses, lulling me into a state of peace. I remember see Catnap in the orphanage sometimes before I was taken, but I don't think he would remember me.
"Catnap, thank you for staying with me. Oh no, your fur is damp." Catnap just smiled at me and helped me to stand up again.
He didn't say much, but I could tell he was kind. "So much has already happened, it feels like a blur. I don't even know how long I've been crying for. I don't even know what time it was when I woke up. I'm so confused, everything I knew is gone."
He patted me on the back reassuring me.
"I'm so tired, but I can't sleep... *sniffle*"
Catnap tilted his head a little, then I recalled that he could help me sleep.

"Catnap, please help me sleep."
A slow nod was my answer, so a lay down and watched as a red fog slowly cascades from his mouth.
My eyelids became heavy, and so sleep took over me.

This feels a bit choppy, but I just wanted to kick start this. I'll try and get in more details slowly as best I can, I've been on Hiatus so it's gonna be a process lol.