You Didn't Hear this From Me

"Just let me introduce him to ya," harley pleaded, "please!" she pouted, giving her attempt at puppy dog eyes.

"You're gonna be here for a long time, Y/n. What do you have to lose?" she reasoned with me.

"Besides my life, nothing probably." I thought as I stared at the doctor across the room.

"I shouldn't," I told the girl, sheepishly as I scratched the back of my head.

"Is this about the doc?" Harley chirped, her eyes following my gaze.

"You mean the vermin?" Ivy added, "Y/n's above that."

"Right," I lied.

"Is there someone else?" the blonde jumped in again.

"No," I admitted.

"Then what's the problem?" she thought out loud, "WAIT, are ya gay?"

"Alright, Harley," Ivy interrupted, "That's enough out of you." she said, dragging the girl away.

As I watched the two walk away a sigh of relief left my mouth, in the corner of my eye though, I saw a silhouette creepily step towards me and suddenly the relief vanished.

"Joker," I stammered.

"Y/n, we need to.. umm talk." he spoke in a whisper.

My brows furrowed as I listened,

"Alright.. you didn't hear this from me, but.." he paused for dramatic effect, licking his lips, "someone here isn't a big fan of yours."

"What do you mean? Who?" I asked, confusion evident in my face.

After letting out a quiet giggle, he began again, "her," he pointed at a small, frail looking girl with brown, messy hair, "she may not look it but she's got quite the umm temper," he stammered, clearing his throat afterwards, "knives too!" he finished with a large grin.

After my conversation with Joker ended, I went back to Harley and Ivy. I'd pass glances his way every once in a while and found him talking to the girl he told me about.

"Who's that?" I asked both Harley and Ivy, gesturing towards the brunette.

"That's Jade," Ivy spoke.

"They call her the Huntress," Harley added,

"She was pretty popular a couple years back, her and her brother Jasper, the Hunter."

"Is he here too?"

"Nope, he died after she got caught." said Ivy.

"Why do you ask?" Harley interjected, "You interested?"

"No!" I accidentally shouted, "Joker just warned me about her, said she has something against me."

Before anything more could be said, Jade, walking towards me shouted, "Hey Patchwork!"

"What the hell did you say about my brother?!" the girl yelled, suddenly pushing me back, not giving me much time to answer.