police

i called the police.
What if he was actually a serial killer?
What if he tries to kill me?
i had these questions running in my mind.

KNOCK

KNOCK

They're here.
i got up to open the door.
"Hello, police department. You called?" the police officer said.
"Ah, yes. i think that uh, my neighbor is like, killing people."
"Oh, alright. Which door number?" he said, while raising his eyebrows.
"The door right across me."
The police officer went to go knock at his door.
There he was, Sweating.
Wait, why is he sweating?
"Oh, hello. How may I help you?" My neighbor said, while wiping his sweat from his forehead.

"Hello, someone in this apartment building called us, and said that they've been hearing
screaming and weird smells coming from there." He said while pointing at his room.
"Oh, there is?"
"Yep. May I enter?" He asked.
"Of course."

The policeman entered his room, he already had his gun ready if something was about to happen. Surprisingly, his room looked normal and clean. Was i mistaken?
i was thinking so hard, that i didn't even notice his eyes staring at me. "What?" i spoke.
"Were you the one who called the police department?" He asked with a smirk.
"N-no?" My fucking dumbass lied. Im a goddamn scaredy cat. He looked at me as if he knew i was lying. "Alright then."

After a few minutes, the police officer came back. "Theres nothing wrong, no awful smell or anything like that." He shrugged. Suddenly, his walkie talkie started going off.
"Il leave you gentlemen alone, alright?" We just nodded. He walked downstairs and left.

Out of nowhere, my neighbor comes up to me, and whispers,

"You were probably just imagining things, my dear neighbor." He said with a smile. Before leaving, he patted my shoulder and said goodbye.

What a fucking weirdo.