Episode 6

Since my mother's death, my father has restricted my freedom. I'm not allowed to go outside, and when I do I can only walk around the garden with two guards. I'm allowed an education but I'm not allowed to enroll in an academy. So my only way is from a private instructor.
Yet my father is more lenient with my brother. My father knows my brother can protect himself. Believe it or not, in the future, my brother will be the right-hand man for crown prince and general in the military.

I guess my father saw the potential in him. But if this goes on any longer I won't be able to go to the temple...
I need to understand why that boy appeared before I died...
So I have to prepare this tea party. If he sees I can socialize with girls my age and befriend them. He wouldn't retaliate if I ask to 'sleepover' at one of their homes.

There are four duke families. De Corda, De Crystallini, De Fustibus, and De Ligones. The Crystallini are the most powerful compared to the other three duke families. Mainly, their power comes from their relations with the king. Although the duke has a different last name he is technically the king's brother. However, the king removed his last name and bestowed him a new last name and status.
The duke did not retaliate and continued to back the king. The duke before the kings coronation had a large influence within the military. He was famous for his swordsman skills. So the king let him survive because he needed the military.

This doesn't separate them from the other three dukes in terms of power.

For example, the De Corda family have a strong social influence. They're vile with the way they talk to you. At first, they may compliment you but question your authority making all eyes and ears turn on you. When they don't like someone, everyone shuns them away.

The De Fustibus are filthy rich. They can turn someone against you simply by throwing them a large sum of money. They earn their riches from their night streets. Women are discouraged to come here, or else they'll snatch you up and threaten you to work for them. Those who are in extreme debt sell their wives and daughters in the night streets to pay them off.

Most of the time, the women never get out.

But, after reading their background, looks like nobody questions them. I need to stay away from their family or I else face a heavy consequence.

Then, there are the ligones. Their family is known for their alchemy and magic. It's rare, but 1 in every 100 is born someone with magic. And it passes down to one in every generation.

You might ask, well what kind of magic can someone be born with?
Well- any kind you can imagine! There is a famous merchant in the capital who was born with space magic. Their magic is famous for their large inventory. Magic can be born powerful or weak, or useless.

The De Ligones family are famous for their ice magic. They can turn the ocean into ice. The power to turn the sky's dark grey and make sharp icebergs fall on you. Or possibly turn your blood into ice, freezing you, and causing you to slowly die. Or so people rumor about since it's never been confirmed.. The king tried to take over their lands once but after hundreds of his soldiers died he never messed with them again. He granted their family a status and riches if they agreed to stay in their territory. They accepted this deal. However, their loyalty towards the kingdom has never been confirmed. They occasionally do show up to parties and events but most people stay away from them due to fear of freezing to death.

Thankfully, the De Ligones have a daughter around my age. If I invite her and befriend her, Father would be okay with letting me sleep at their place. He knows their power is overwhelming, but it will keep me safe from whoever attacked us.
I'm not too familiar with what girls my age like so I need to talk with my brother. The problem is, he is currently in a match with the crown prince...

My plan was to stay away from the crown prince as much as possibly. But ever since my brother became friends with him, he's been around every second and staring at me.

It's getting a little uncomfortable. I catch his stare every time but he doesn't retaliate. Rather he enjoys each time I catch him and smiles. I wont deny he has a beautiful smile but his personality is what keeps me sane from falling into his schemes. He's good with his words and makes fun of the way I act. When I do defend myself he whimpers as if he didn't mean to hurt me. It's a little confusing.

"Can you take me to my brother? I need to see him right away." I ask my maid. "Yes, my lady." The journey is long since I have short legs, and this castle is humongous. On my way to my brother I pass by my mother's painting. I can't help but stare. Rosalinda looks similar to her.

"Beautiful isn't she. You look like her.." I turn around and it's the crown prince.

I never like it when he compares his pain with ours. It makes me feel sympathetic of him...

"I never got to meet her but I know she was a great mother. Will never seems to shut up how much you look like her. Haha!" He laughs. I'm not sure what to say...

"She was... what are you doing here? I thought you were practicing with Will?"

"Yes. But- you know how he gets when he loses against me. He's practicing with the guards. And I got bored watching so I wandered around and found you."

"Oh." I ponder.

He smiles.

"What about you? You don't usually come by the training grounds unless you need your brother. I can help!" He snickers.

"Ugh.." I sigh.

I do need the help but I'm not sure if the crown prince is the right choice. But, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

" I'm preparing for a tea party. It'll be in a month, but I'm not familiar with what young- girls my age like in terms of food, drinks, and decorations.." I forget I'm 5.

"Hmm" His eyes starts yo shine as if waiting for me to ask for his help.

Sigh. "I know you and my brother have gone to these tea parties before. But- I never had the chance to make my own friends.."

"Well, that hurts.. I thought we were friends." He whimpers but I could see he wasn't lying.

"I do." I lie. "But I don't have any friends my age and it would be nice getting to know somebody. Somebody who is a girl too."

He takes a second to think. "Okay. But on one condition. I get to see you everyday starting tomorrow!" he says with a big smile. "Why everyday? That's a bit excessive, don't you think?"

"Well, I need as much time to teach you everything you need to know." He says with a smirk. His eyes are sparkling, waiting for me to agree.

I don't understand why he doesn't act like this with his own sister. Why me?

"Okay!" I sigh. "But, only for an hour-" he interrupts, "two hours and I'll treat you with some snacks made by the finest chef."

"Deal!"

Before I realize it, I agreed on a contract with the crown prince!
——
Hello <3
I hope you guys liked this episode. I'm close to graduating from uni so I've been busy. So in advance I apologize if I upload next chapter late again. I will make time during the summer <3