Episode 1: InGen

I was reading a magazine in a little building. "You know you can get on that boat, right?" The guy with me asked.
"According to a storm glass I lost out in the jungle, the rain isn't gonna last all night." I told him. He got up. "I'm gonna take a piss. Watch the phone." He said. He left the building. I put my legs up on my table and leaned back. Then the phone ringed. "Damn it." I said. I got up and picked up the phone. "Hello? If this is a call about the animals, it's raining right now. They'll be fine."
"No, this ain't about the animals. This is about uhh... your uhh... your vehicle?" The guy on the other side said. He sounded very unsure.
"I don't understand. You do know you called InGen, right?" I asked. The phone hang up. "Damn idiots." I said. A few minutes later, i saw the guy I was with talking to two strangers. Then the door opened. "Come out here, they need a guide." He told me. I walked out to them. "Y/n L/n." I said to them. It was a man in an InGen uniform with glasses, and a woman in a dark red crop top and black jeans. Her hair was tied back and she was wearing a headband. Neither introduced themselves. "Okay. What do they need?"
"He's a new guy, and she's a plumber." The guy said. I looked at the woman and noticed her machete. "Oh, so the machete is for the rats, i guess. Well, i suppose I'll be your guide. Lets go."
"We really don't need a guide." The InGen guy said.
"No, I'm already out here. Come on, let's go." I told them. They followed me. "Now, can I get your names please?" I asked.
"Nima." The girl said.
"Miles." The man followed.
"Miles, Nima, follow me."
"Wait! I think the... the guy in charge, i forgot his name, said there was a shortcut behind the electric fence." Miles said. I looked at it. "Well, it's dangerous, but... why didn't he tell ME this shit?" I asked. "C'mon."

Soon enough, we were walking through the jungle. Nima was slicing through plants with her machete. "You know your way around, Nima?" I asked.
"I came here a few times before." She responded. "Are you also new?" Nima asked.
"Kinda. I was hired last year."  I told her. We got to the fence. "Ten thousand volt fence. It's for good reason." I told them. "I'm sure he told you. And because of the rain, they probably turned it off." I said as I grabbed a stick and threw it at the fence. Then I stepped back behind Miles and Nima. I knew it was off, i was trying to frighten the new guy. "Well, ladies first." Miles said. Nima looked at me. "Push him into it?" I mouthed to her. She nodded. I pushed Miles into the fence. Nothing happened, but he screamed. I laughed out loud. "It's off! Got ya!" I exclaimed.
"Oh ha ha ha, very funny." Miles said. I saw a smile creep its way on Nima's face. Miles climbed over first. Nima went up, then I followed. Nima landed on her knees and hands. I went to help her, but she waved me off and stood herself.

We got to some bushes and we heard an animal noise. "What was that?" Miles asked.
"I've never heard an animal like that before." Nima said.
"Were you an adventurer or something before you became a plumber? Or do you do two jobs?" I asked Nima. She didn't respond. I guess I get it, fifth amendment. She doesn't need to answer. She cut down the bushes and a bird flew out. Miles ducked. "Wow, a-"
"Moku-Pa." Nima said, finishing my sentence. "That bird, I know. A similar design to toucans."
"I HATE this damn jungle." Miles said as we kept walking.