8. Agravin

Third person POV-

The chirping of birds reached his ears. He slightly stretched his body and got up. He took the anagvastra and wrapped it around his body and moved towards the balcony. The eastern horizon of the sky was painted in red and violet colour indicating the arrival of the sun. The cool morning breez hit his body and shiver ran down his spine. The would-be son in law of Maniprasth inhaled deeply and the fragrance of lotus hit his nostrils. He noticed the lotus garland that was kept on the nearby table. The garland that marked him as her future husband. He turned his head to look at the sleeping Maniprasth. No doubt it was a beauty to behold. His trance broke when he heard the slight opening of the door. Someone was trying to sneak in. He quickly picked up the knife that was kept in the fruit basket and hid it under his angvatra. His body language was stiff and his eyes fixed on the door. But he relaxed as soon as he saw an attendee entering his chamber. The attendee was carrying a large golden plate that was covered by a purple coloured velvet fabric.
" Pranipat Kumar."
( Greetings Kumar.)
The stranger nodded in response.
" Kumar , ye Rajkumari ne bheja hai."
( Kumar , Rajkumari sent this for you.)
The dasi informed him.
The stranger thinned his eyebrows in confusion, unable to process what his future wife sent for him.
" Ise wahan rakh do."
( Put it there.) He told her, pointing his finger towards the big table. The attendee followed his order and kept the plate on the table and left. The stranger was surprised when he removed the cover from the plate. The plate carried a pair of cotton dhoti and angvatra. The bhikshuk couldn't help but smile a little. He was touched, how his would-be wife noticed the slightest details about him. Last night he refused to avail any luxuries of the royal palace so she sent these simple attire for him. The bhikshuk's eyes fell on the mirror where he noticed his slightly smiling figure but soon the stoic expression was back because someone was knocking on the door, and then a male attendant entered.
" Pranipat Kumar. Kumar ye snan grih hai , avashakta ki sabhi vastuye hai yahan kintu yadi aapko kisi anya vevastha ki avshakta ho to aap mujhe bata dijiye. "
( Greetings Kumar. Kumar here is the bathroom, all the essentials are present there but still if you need something, you can tell me then.)
The attendant said.
The stranger was quite impressed with the attendant system of Maniprasth.
" Nhi mujhe kisi anya vastu ki avshakta nhi hogi. Bas surya argh dene ka prabandh ho jayega ? "
( No I don't need anything else . Can you prepare for my Surya argh? )
He asked.
" Avashya Kumar."
( Sure Kumar.) The attendant replied and left.
*****************
The bhikshuk stood in the royal garden of the palace offering argh to Prabhu Surya Narayan. He took a moment to observe the beauty of the royal garden. The fragrance of fresh flowers soothed his heart. He closed his eyes but soon he heard a voice. Someone was singing. He opened his eyes and looked around but no one was in sight. He decided to follow the the voice. He had never heard such beautiful voice. It felt like someone was pouring honey in his ears.
" Ye kon ga rha hai ?"
( Who is singing this?)
He asked as he spotted a guard there.
" Ye humari Rajkumari ga rhi hain Kumar. Ye unki pooja ka samay hai to is wakt wo Prabhu ki stuti kr rhi hai."
( Our princess is singing, Kumar. It's time of her pooja so she is doing stuti of the almighty.)
The guard informed him .

Without wasting a moment, the bhikshuk followed the direction of the voice. He wanted to meet her , he wanted answers of his questions. And deep down he wanted to hear this beautiful voice of her's more. He almost ran there. But he was late. He stood a far looking at her departuring figure. The anklets sung the melodious tune with her every step while her long serpentine hair danced with her every move. He couldn't do anything but just watched her leaving.
The temple was empty now. The murti of Maheshwar and Maheshwari smiled at him. He joined his hands and prayed to the father and the mother of the universe.
*****************
The king and queen of Maniprasth ran towards the entrance of Raj Mahal to greet the great Rishi keerticharya.
" Pranam Rishivar."
They both greeted the sage.
" Kalyan ho Raja Subodh. Saubhagyavati bhava Rani Sudha."
The Rishi blessed the royal couple.
The king , queen, rajguru and other ministers escorted the Rishi to the royal chamber. The Rishi was seated on the huge throne in the middle of the majestic chamber , on his left seated the queen and king and on his right seated the Raj Guru of Maniprasth.
" Mai bhot prassan hoon Maharaj , ki mere shisya ka vivah aapki putri se ho rha hai."
( I am very glad Maharaj that my disciple is going to marry your daughter. )
The sage said.
" Hum bhi bhot prassan hai Rishivar."
( We are glad too Rishivar. )
The king replied.
" Hone wale Var or vadhu Kahan hai Rajan."
( Where are the to be bride and groom?)
The sage asked.
" Haan maine unhe suchit kiya hai guru dev kisi bhi kshan wo dono yahan aate hi honge. "
( Yes we have informed them , they will be here at anytime. )
The king assured him .
Soon the doorkeeper announced the arrival of the princess of Maniprasth. Everyone smiled as soon as Avni entered the room. Her majestic and postive aura lifted up everyone's mood.
" Pranipat Rishivar."
Avni greeted the Rishi.
"Kalyan ho Rajkumari."
Rishi blessed her.
" Tumhare jaisi uttam guno ki Kanya hamare shishya ki vadhu banegi. Ye atyant hi saubhagya ki baat hai. "
( A girl with great qualities like you is going to marry my disciple, I am so happy about it.)
The Rishi said with a divine smile on his face. Avni reciprocated his smile and joined her hands modestly.
Everyone's gaze shifted towards the entrance as the doorkeeper announced the entry of the to be son in law of the king.
The bhikshuk's eyes lightend up as his sight fell on his guru. He rushed towards the Rishi and fell on his feet.
" Pranipat Gurudev."
" Kalyan ho putra Agravin."
Everyone's ears perked up as this was the first time they heard the stranger's name.
Avni smiled looking at her future husband who was seated in his guru's feet.
"Agravin."
She slowly whispered as if she was testing and tasting his name.
**********
Word count - 1111
अग्रविण this is his name.
Done. Ab koi stranger ya bhikshuk nhi bolega.
Silent viewers thoda vote kr do yaar.
Take care people.