11. His wife

Agravin's POV-

Life took a 360 turn for me. Since childhood I grew up with a motive. I never knew my family, I never paid attention to any of my feelings except the rage that burns inside me. The only feeling that I have nurtured inside me was revenge. The only motive I carried with me was the revenge and to complete my guru's words but now I am not alone in this, there is someone who will accompany me now. I never thought that I would marry someone, and now I am a married man , walking towards the chamber where my wife is waiting for me. "My wife" yes the most beautiful princess of Aryavart is my wife. I didn't get a chance to look at her on the day of swayambara, although it's inappropriate to stare at a woman, specially when she is unknown to you but today when I saw her in the vivah mandap, I realised that all those rumors of her being incarnation of goddess of beauty is true. Not just because of her outer appearance but her aura is so divine that it makes me kinda feel safe around her. She is so perfect in every sense and all these things create a mess in my mind about why she chose me , a mere bhikshuk as her husband rejecting all the kings and princes of the entire Aryavart.

I didn't realise when I reached her chamber. I stood blank , just staring at the closed door of the chamber unable to figure out what to do, thankfully there were no guards or maids nearby, for watching me all nervous. Well I seriously don't know what to do, what she is expecting from me. What if I won't be able to fulfil my duties towards her? Ah! I never felt this confused in my entire life. Taking a long deep breath I pushed the door open and entered the majestic chamber. The mixed scent of Jasmin and blue lotus hit my nostrils. I closed the door behind me . The sitting area of the chamber was lit up by hundreds of diyas. One thing that I couldn't unnoticed was the huge bookshelf, aligned with books on various topics including warfare, economics and politics. Averting my gaze from there I entered the bed chamber which was comparatively dark . Only a few diyas were there, maybe the wind blew them away and only a few could survive the night breeze and the main source of light in the room was the moon's chandani. On my left side I saw a dressing table, there was a huge balcony attached to the room , there was even an artificial pool inside the room which was filled with lotuses and on my right I noticed the huge bed which was decorated with the strings of Jasmin flowers and rose petals. I scanned the entire room but she was nowhere in sight. I took some more steps further , and reached the middle of the chamber. The curtains of the balcony flattered and moved away allowing me to have a sight of her. She was standing in the balcony, resting her hands on the railing,looking at the moon , her back faced me. I cleared my throat to get her attention and then she turned.

I looked at her figure , her face glowed in the moon light radiating a divine aura

I looked at her figure , her face glowed in the moon light radiating a divine aura. Her hairline was filled with the vermilion.She was devoid of any jewellery except a few bangles and her jhanjhar that sang melodious chime when she turned to me. Her open long serpentine hair danced with the every rhythm of the night breeze,the loose drape of her fiery red saree joined them too. Her doe shaped eyes were looking straight at me, making my heart skip a beat. This time words failed me. I never took interest in poetry but maybe she is the beauty the poets talk about.

"Swagat hai Yuvraj

"Swagat hai Yuvraj."
( Welcome Yuvraj.)
Her honey coated voice broke the chain of my thoughts. I quickly averted my eyes as it was inappropriate to stare at a woman that too without her consent.
( That woman is your wife Agravin.) My conscience mocked me. I was unable to formulate words to respond to her. She looked at me , waiting for my reply.

"Yuvraj? Kintu mera to abhi tak yuvrajabhishek hua hi nhi hai. To aap mujhe Yuvraj keh kr kyu sambodhit kr rhi hain.?"
( Yuvraj? But my Yuvrajabhishek has not happened yet, then why are you addressing me as Yuvraj?) I asked her.
Taking slow steps she came forward. Her jhanjhar tinkled with her every move. A gentle smile was adoring her lips. Suddenly my already racing heart beat doubled up.
"Kintu aap Maniprasth ke bhavi Yuvraj hai iski ghoshna to pita shree kr chuke hai, or jab ghoshna hui hai to aap shigra hi yuvraj niyukt kr diye jayenge. "
( But you are to-be Yuvraj of Maniprasth, my father has already announced it. And the announcement has been done that means you will be appointed as Yuvraj very soon. ) She answered.
I was unable to find words to answer her or to carry on the conversation. I was just playing with the huge gold ring in my index finger. Typically acting like a nervous teenager. Who will believe that I am 5 springs older than her. She is more confident than me. I watched her moving toward the dressing table. She picked up some clothes and came to me.
" In bhari vastron me aapko asahjta ho rhi hogi to aap vastra badal lijiye."
( You must be feeling uncomfortable in these heavy clothes, you should change.)

I couldn't say anything further I just took those clothes from her hand and went to the bathing area. After coming back , I again scanned the room and she was standing there at the same place, watching the moon. Maybe she loves watching moon. I took steps and stood beside her , ofcourse maintaining a distance. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable. I too looked at the moon, it was shining bright, I noticed that there was a beautiful garden attached to her chamber , her personal garden. Though it didn't took much time , for me to understand that the purpose of the garden was not only for enhancing the beauty of the chamber but the main reason behind it was to provide safety to the princess's chamber.

" Yadi mann me koi prashn ho to puch lijiye Yuvraj."
( If you have something to ask , then you can , Yuvraj.)
Her soft voice bought me out of my thoughts. I turned to look at her, she was already looking at me. Maybe she read my mind. Or maybe she herself wanted to initiate a conversation. But what should I ask , what should I say to her ? I have so many questions to ask but where should I start from. I felt like I knew no words. She was confident and here it's me who was all nervous acting like a hormonal teenager and it irked me.

She took a step forward, just a step but I felt that the distance between us decreased ten folds. She was now close to me. Facing me. She looked in my eyes for a while and then diverted her vision towards the moon again. Maybe she misunderstood my silence. No no no , its not I was not willing to talk to her but the words were not ready to come out of my mouth.
"Ji prashn to bahut saare hai parantu prarambh Kahan se karun ye tay nhi kr pa rha hai."
( Actually I have a lot of questions to ask but I am unable to decide where should I start from.)
I managed to speak. Finally.

She turned towards me but not looking a me this time, her lips slightly curved in a smile.

" Jo prashn sabse pratham mastishk me ho usse hi prarambh kijiye , yuvraj."
( Ask the very first question that clicks in you mind, yuvraj. )
She advised.

Yes, I should ask her that question. It took me a while to find suitable words as I didn't intend to hurt her. Finally gathering all the courage I asked her.

" Aapne mujhe , ek bhikshuk ko , apne pati ke roop me kyu chuna ?"
( Why you choose me , a begger as your husband?)

*********************
Word count-1386
First of all belated happy Holi people. And second thing is so sorry for being late but I was so consumed by me exams that I had no time to write anything. But thankfully exams are over now so I will be able to write more chapters.

Here I attached 2 AI generated pictures, which I created myself. Although I am still learning but I need your feedback. Do tell me that should I replace them with real pictures ?

Do comment and vote and tell me did you like Agravin's POV or not.

Har har Mahadev 🙏🏻