CHAPTER1️⃣7️⃣

~Author's P.O.V~

"What kind of help, Ma'am?" Wy asked.

"You see, Hanni isn't taking Mj to the kids center anymore. He has been enrolled in a new daycare and they don't let anyone meet the kids except the family members. I tried sending men, but didn't work out." Minji explained.

"So, what do you want me to do, ma'am ?"

"I want you to go there and meet him. I'll send one of my men with you. All you have to do is bring me a strand of his hair."

"Ma'am, may I know, for exactly what reason?" Wy asked raising an eyebrow.

"You don't need to know. Just do what I asked!" Minji ordered.

"You do realize that, he is my nephew! What if you're trying to hurt him! And on top of that, you want me to betray my sister!!" Wy exclaimed trying to put on an act.

"Miss Won, do you think I don't know, how's your relationship with your sister!! Just stop with all the acting. What do you want in return?" Minji asked.

"Well, I don't want anything. Now that we hate the same person, I'd like to help you, genuinely!" Won smirked.

Seeing her cocky behaviour, Minji left out a chuckle and stood up from her seat to stand in front of her. "What makes you think I hate her?" She asked raising an eyebrow

She isn't letting you do what you want. Plus if you didn't hate her, why would you do this behind her back?" Won explained while crossing her arms.

"Well, you can think whatever you want. You can go now. I'll send someone to you soon."

Minji didn't hate Hanni at all, in fact she was doing all this to get her attention. But she didn't feel the need to clear Won's misunderstanding.

All of her life, she got unwanted attention from girls and women. They threw themselves at her, which made her dread female species. Now that he was craving the attention of hanni, she wasn't paying any heed to her. Karma really is a bitch.

~Time skip~

~Author's P.O.V~

A few days later, Minji's secretary came into her office with an envelope. It was from Park Seokjin's lab. Seeing the envelope, Minji couldn't hold back her excitement. Without opening it, she ran out of her office.

She got off from the elevator and went into the planning department only to find it empty. No one was there. Right, it was lunch break.

Hanni was having her lunch peacefully when suddenly there was a pin drop silence. Discerning the sudden change in atmosphere, she looked up, to see a tall figure standing right in front their table.

Rei dropped her dumplings out of shock and quickly stood up. Others were startled too.

"M-ma'am, do you need something!" Rei managed to blurt out.

"We need to talk. Come out with me," Minji spoke looking directly at Hanni.

She was waiting for a response but Hanni just stood there looking like a lost child.

Being impatient, Minji grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the cafe. This incident filled the cafe with whispers of curious people.

~HANNI's P.O.V~

Minji dragged me into an empty room and closed the door behind her. I couldn't figure out what exactly she was trying to do.

"I want to meet Mj. Not just today, everyday, whenever I want," she blurted out.

"What makes you think I'll allow that! And do you realize what you just did!!! People are gonna start rumors!" I exclaimed.

"Then you want me to go the hard way right! Okay, your wish," she said and took out an envelope from her coat. Opening the envelope she took out a paper and held it in front of my face.

"I had a DNA test done. Now you see, it clarifies my right as his parent too. If you still prevent me from seeing him, then I'm afraid I will have to take drastic measures. Do you want that?" She said looking at me.

I looked at the paper and seeing the results I widened my eyes. How could it be possible! Did she not see the report first, before showing it to me!

"Didn't you see the report yourself?" I asked.

"What? What do you mean?" She asked being confused at my question.

"Take a look at it first. You'll know!" I replied.

She turned the page towards her to take a look and her expression was priceless. She was shocked as hell.

"How is this possible! Mj is my son! Then why does the result say he's not!" She exclaimed out of horror.

She looked at me with questioning eyes. She never expected it to turn out like this. I was also confused as to why the report came out negative! Mj was Minji's son. But for me it was actually a great opportunity to keep him away, so I just went on with the flow.

Did I ever mention that he is your son?" I asked keeping a straight face.

"What do you mean? But w-we... Six years ago... I-I..!"

She couldn't even talk properly, sucks to be her. Then I cut him off and smashed her last bit of hope. "Do you think you are the last Woman alive on earth! Just because we slept together, doesn't mean it's your child. It's someone else's. You are holding the proof in your hand. Now leave us alone," I lied mercilessly.

It was visible in her eyes how much heart broken she was. It would be a lie if I said, my heart didn't ache seeing her like this. But it was a payback. She couldn't be trusted. I didn't want to lose my son to her. So, it was better if she stayed away from us.

I just left her there and walked out of the room. Now it was time for me to face the consequences of the mess, she created a few minutes ago.

~~~~~~~