☁️ my favorite baseball player.

○☆DogDay☆○

As I slammed my car door closed in the school parking lot, i had 2 things on my mind. My baseball tournament and my 1st semester finals. In my high school, years were split into 2 semesters, and semester 1 ended January first, but not before taking a series of tests confiding of all the topics you learned in semester 1. Then, in semester 2, we learn new topics.

today was the day semester 1 ended. Meaning all my finals were compacted into one day, think of it like a 7 hour test of everything you've learned in 6 months. I grabbed my bag and pulled my phone out of my pocket as i made my way into the school building, checking me and my friends group chat, who in which were all gropy and grumbly about the finals.

as i walked through the hallways, i got plenty of " Hi dogday!" and "Good luck, buddy!" From familiar faces, I'm one of the more popular students in everbrook High. Straight A student, captain of the soccer team, and main batter on the baseball team, academic scholar.. My friends joked that i was a stereotypical Hollywood jock. Better to be stereotypical than original.

i flipped my phone off and shoved it into my hoodie pocket as i entered my classroom, seeing my best friends in the back of the class. me and my whole friend group all got sat together in the very back, after long hours of begging, of course. the desks were matched in pairs of two, but seeing the odd number of us, the seat next to me had been empty the whole semester. My best friend kickin saw me and waved me over with a smirk on his face, my other friend hoppy sat beside him. We were relatively early as the class wasn't flooded with people yet.. I huffed as i sat down, and then my two other friends walked in. Crafty and bobby. Their desks were in front of mine, and they both occasionally would chat with me, but not usually.

They giggled and placed their bags down, turning around to face me and kickin'.

"How was your guys' game last night?" Bobby teased me, and kickin was on the same baseball team, and last night we did not do good. Kickin huffed and saw back in his chair, opening his mouth to spew an insult out, but i beat him to it.

" How's your self-appointed role of cupid doing?" I crossed my arms, and she frowned at me.

" It's going just fine, thank you!" She angrily huffed and turned around, and i rested my feet on her chair, pissing her off even more. Kickin and I giggled in the back like hyenas before we were cut off by the bell.

[time skip! - end of day.]

Me and the 6 of my friends all drunkenly stumbled out of the class. Some of us complained about how ridiculously hard and long the finals were, and some of us were joking about how bad we failed. All of them except me, of course, i knew i did good. i always do.

I smiled smugly at their complaining and stopped at my locker before leaving, and my teacher walked out of her class and ran up to me right as i opened my locker door.

" dogday! Tomorrow for semester 2, we have a transfer student! I was hoping you could tour them of the building? It'll look good on your record~" She leaned against the lockers beside me as I hummed a response.

" Sure thing." She gleefully smiled and retreated back to her class, i put my books away and headed back outside to my car. Hoping in and driving steadily home, completely forgetting about that transfer student.